I clasped a hand over my mouth.

“Oh gross!” exclaimed Darren, stepping away like it was contagious. I couldn’t even retort.

My eyes sought out my father, who knew how squeamish the dark liquid made me, but Bethany had fully caught his attention as she sulked. I blinked quickly as I felt something prick my eyes.

I sniffed loudly as I attempted to wipe the droplets away.

R-i-p!

I glanced down to see Shane stooped down holding the torn piece of my jeans in his hands. “What the hell Shane! What are you doing?” My voice quivered but still managed a dangerous edge.

The long red mark on my leg was enough to send my eyes upwards.

“Stop squirming,” he instructed as he stood. I regarded him uneasily.

This was practically his fault. He was the one who had initiated my action- and I’m not talking about this evening- since if he wasn’t such a jerk, I wouldn’t have to put on a fetish to scare the shit out of him, and I wouldn’t have to take such a dive (as bad-ass as it was) to protect my online identity!

“What are you-” I gasped as he scooped me into his arms, and naturally, reached for a weak spot. “Put me down!” I threatened, pulling on his ear lobe.

“Jeez, relax bird-brain. He’s just helping you,” Darren said, following as Shane begun towards the living room.

“I can walk on my own!”

“Yeah, sure…” Shane drawled sarcastically. Oh right, the wound. I leaned into his chest forcefully as I glared at him. He winced, and then smirked. “I wish you would though. You’re heavy as hell!”

He received a jerk in the ribs for that wise crack.

When he plopped me down on to the sofa, I had to admit I was a little impressed on how well he got Darren to work with him in setting up so that my leg could be propped up. The little brat would’ve never done it for me it was only the two of us. It must be a sibling thing.

“What is that?” I eyed the dark bottle Shane held in his hands uneasily, sitting up as he poured a clear liquid onto a cloth.

“Hydrogen Peroxide. It’ll stop infection and get out any splinters,” he answered. His brown eyes stared intently at my leg- the most serious I’d ever seen him.

I frowned. “I knew that idiot.”

And that was the closest that I knew we would ever come to being civil towards each other, and strangely it felt almost… nice.

“F*ck, Shane!”

Spoke too soon.

As the pain flared, I glared at Shane, clutching my hurt leg protectively.

“Just- stay-  still!”

“Ow!”

As he struggled to keep me from going fully werewolf and ripping out his eyeballs in return for the pain in my leg, Darren was observing from the side with a wry smile.

“What’s your problem, brat?” I spat. Shane had just bandaged my wound, but the ordeal had done something to me inside. My respect for first-aiders, doctors and nurses was so high at the moment that I was tempted to stop by the hospital and pass chicken combo’s all around!

I could feel the steam pouring from my ears as he held up my cell phone- the Wattpad page in open view- cackling. My hands immediately slapped my pockets.

“What the-How the-”

“Get a load of this!”

“Give me my cell phone Darren!” He pulled away as I lunged at him from my chair, laughing as I fell and bumped my head. “Ow!”

Realizing the advantage, the brat waved the phone in front of my face. “Want this?”

I hopped up and wobbled after him as he ran around, waving my phone. Then the unthinkable happened.

“Shane, catch!”

 And suddenly I was doing yet another wild dive to reach my phone, and Shane, caught totally unaware, plummeted downwards as I crashed into him. Somehow, in the midst of the hubbub, my foot had managed to make contact with Darren’s face, and he had ended up at the bottom of our tangle.

That was probably going to leave a scar.

A/N: So there it was people. If you enjoyed this check out my latest stories 'Damsel In Defense' and 'Spirited Away.' Also, if you drop a comment and want me to return the favor, PM ME! I'd be happy too.

Now, I've been kind of MIA beacause I'm managing this wattpad competition in addition to being jammed at school and preparing for finals. If you're interested in improving as an author you can check out iBreakout Weekly competition. It's open to teens and you can enter at anytime, plus you don't have to take part in every challenge. Most importently, there are no eliminations! 

So check us out people!

Thanks again guys for being all so awesome! Even you silent readers, I just want to say thank you. Hopefully, one day you'll let me know what you think. 

Shoutout to @Anntoinette for being an awesome fan!