Truth

It had been several weeks since Lucas came completely drenched knocking at my door. Yes, I admit I forgave him quite easily, but there was something about that boy. The connection, the feeling, the mutual understanding of just being able to be with each other without saying anything.

He brought me comfort in many ways, ways I wish I couldn't admit. Maybe it was because he was the first person to create a safe place for me to adjust, or perhaps it was the way he would speak to me in French when he couldn't explain in words how much he cared for me. All I knew was that boy had my heart in more ways than one. 

As much as I wanted to be angry at him for kissing his ex, who was both a friend of ours, I couldn't seem to be mad at him for long. That didn't mean I was going to settle though. It just meant I needed clarity, even if it meant that I needed to test him and Alaina. 

For the most part, things were back to normal, I had aced my finals and continued maintaining work deals for my mother. In the meantime, I wasn't particularly sure what I wanted to do after graduation, considering I had organised the relocate back to London. 

After procrastinating for weeks, I decided I needed to talk to Lucas. Try to understand what he wanted from us, what my plans were and how it all fit in the grand scheme of things. I wasn't really sure how to approach him, he was always so possessive, jealous and persistent. Maybe it was because he was so passionate about us, or perhaps it was because we were something out of his control.

With that, I had arrived at his place, not thinking too much about how I was going to talk to him.

"Baby, what you doing here? I was meant to pick you up at 6 remember!" he seemed surprised.

 With us officially together, he had been so cute, with setting up dates every other day in between his studio sessions and signing deals. 

"Mmmmm, I just wanted to spend some time with you before we do something active," I mumbled.

His face lit up like a beam, I wasn't as forward as Lucas, I loved making little gestures, but nothing too serious, I was still worried about his feelings for Alaina. I didn't want to get hurt but I needed to know for sure, considering we never spoke about it after we made up.

"Liyah, I know you enough to know somethings up, what is it baby?" he pried. He really knew me too well.

"--" 

For a moment I needed to recollect my thoughts, I didn't want to argue, I just wanted him to be honest.

"Why were you at Alaina's house?" 

"Oh," he paused.

"Baby, I thought we were past this?" he cooed.

"We are Lucas... I just need to know if I'm in a situation where you keep going back to your ex."

"But I haven't, we weren't together when I did." he reasoned

"Buttahbean..." I sighed.

"Any man that goes back to his ex, has unfinished business to resolve." 

"So what, you think I still care about her?" he hissed

"Don't be irrational about it, baby. Just tell me the truth, that way I know where to move forward."

"The TRUTH?!!... Why can't you just trust me Liyah, I'd never do that to you, you know that. Alaina was the one who cheated on me remember?" he was becoming irritated and I could see this wasn't going to end well if I didn't stop it.

"Then tell me why you were there.. please."

He took a moment and began pacing around the room. He was pulling at his curly hair for god knows what. Why was this so serious if he did nothing? Why would he react like that?