~Stuck~

Prince Gumball glared fiercely at Marshall Lee, who was floating around in the dark softly strumming his guitar. "Have you no care for what you have caused?" the prince asked angrily. Marshall continued playing his guitar. "Marshall I demand you answer me."

With a laugh Marshall broke off from his guitar. "My most dire apology, Your Majesty." He grinned and floated higher into the air, resuming playing his guitar. "It's not like I meant for the entrance to collapse. We'll just have to wait for Fionna to get others and dig us out."

Earlier that day, Fionna and Gumball went to Marshall's house begging him to go on an adventure with them. He agreed, which seemed to put Gumball out. The pink prince would grumble and complain about the most trivial things regarding Marshall. Marshall couldn't help but bicker back. As they were arguing, they walked into a cave. To annoy the prince, Marshall let out a wailing riff causing the ceiling of the cave to collapse. Without thinking Marshall pushed Fionna out, and dragged Prince Gumball further in to prevent him from getting squashed by the falling rocks.

"Still," said Gumball now. "It's all your fault. We can't even tell what time it is. It feels as I we've been here for hours."

Marshall sighed and floated back down. He looked Gumball in the face. "I'm sorry, okay? It's not like I wanted to be stuck in a cave either. I was annoying you because you were being such a stuck up gumwad." Prince Gumball scoffed. "Ever since you and Fionna came to my house you've been complaining about me being here. What did I do to make you treat me like a used gum wrapper?"

Gumball looked at the ground ruefully. He exhaled loudly and walked off to the wall of the cave. He sat down, folded his arms over his knees, and laid his head on his arms. "It's nothing. I'm sorry."

Marshall stared at him before he huffed and sat on the opposite wall. He softly strummed his guitar, somehow exhausted by everything that happened. He listened to the sounds around him. He heard the stagnant air swirl around them, heard the harsh breaths that came from Gumball. He heard the gravely ground crunch when one of them shifted slightly, the drips of water hitting the ground not far off. The quiet allowed him to hear everything, especially Prince Gumball's shiver.

"Hey..." Marshall said. Gumball looked up a bit. "Are you cold?"

The prince shook his head stoically. He pressed his head back down on his arms. Marshall sighed and got up. He walked to Gumball and plopped down next to him. "What do you want?" Gumball asked. "Do you want to make fun of me because you've finally seen the prince looking pitiful?"

"No. I'm worried. Glob Gumball I'm not that bad of a person." Marshal started to scoot closer to the prince.

"...or fault..."

Marshall stopped. "What?"

"It's your fault. All your fault."

Marshall erupted with anger. "My fault? It's all my fault?" Gumball nodded. "It's your fault you spoiled prince! You could have convince Fionna to forget about me on your little adventure. So it's bringing me along with you your fault?"

"It's not like I wanted you here..."

"Oh am I just not sweet enough for you?" Marshall shook his head. He angrily sighed. "What is the big deal with me, anyway? Why do you dislike me so much."

Gumball's breath was raspy. "I don't particularly dislike you." He shivered. "I just get uneasy around you... For someone who lives in the dark, you shine so brightly. Everyone... Likes you... Including me..."

Marshall placed his hand on the prince's forehead. "Glob," he said. "Gumball, you're burning up. Are you cold?" Gumball nodded. Marshall wrapped his arm around Gumball and pulled him close. "You need to rest. No more talking. Lets wait until Fionna gets us out." He listened in to the silence. "I hear them digging out there. We'll be out of here soon, just hang in there Gumball."

"...ike you..." Gumball raised his head. "I like you, Marshall Lee. I love you." Marshall's eyes widened. "That's why I didn't want you here. I get nervous and don't know how to act. Forgive my distasteful behavior." Gumball shivered against Marshall. "Marshall... I'm tired."

Marshall shook himself out of shock and kissed Gumball on the forehead. "Same here. Lets cuddle~" Gumball let out a weak laugh. Marshall smiled and laid the both of them down, Gumball's head was tucked under one of Marshall's arms and the other arm laid across Gumball's waist. "I love you too, gumwad."

Gumball looked up, kissed Marshall full on the mouth, and fell asleep within seconds. It took Marshall a while to start feeling drowsy. By the time he started dozing off curled against Gumball, he heard the rocks blocking the entrance give out and light pooled in. They were saved, to Marshall's disappointment. But at least he had the memories of Gumball's whispered love and a kiss. That was enough to tide him over, at least until the prince recovered.