Chapter 7

I couldn't concentrate on the concert anymore. I thought Rodriguez had said that I would be safe here. Well I was, for four months anyway. But how can I protect the others without blowing my cover?

I don't want to do this considering I was starting to get to know the boys better, but I think it would be better if I distanced myself from them. It's my fault that they're in this mess to begin with. I can't take the risk of something happening to them.

I decided to text Ashley so we could talk.

'To Rodriguez: Hey, can we talk later? It's important.'

As I waited for her to respond, I felt someone throw their arms around me. I was about to punch them until I saw that it was Louis.

Was I that distracted that I didn't notice the concert had ended?

"Emma!" Louis yelled. "What did you think of the concert?"

I smiled. "It was amazing, Lou. You guys were amazing as usual."

The boys smiled at my response. "Alright, Louis, you can stop hugging me. You're really sweaty." I chuckled, slightly pushing him off me.

The others laughed. "Well, she's not wrong, Louis." Zayn snickered.

"Oi!" Louis exclaimed. "You lads are no better." He pouted.

I shook my head, laughing a bit. "Alright, lads, no more teasing Louis. Go shower so we can leave."

Before they left to their own dressing rooms, Niall piped up. "Oh, Emma, before I forget, we're all going to the club after we leave. You want to come?"

"No, no you all go." I waved dismissively. "I think I'm gonna head back to the hotel. I'm feeling a bit tired."

I knew they all wanted me to go with them but they eventually agreed on going without me.

After that they all left, but Harry stayed behind. "Harry, aren't you gonna go to your dressing room?"

He peered at me curiously. "Yes, but, are you okay?"

"What do you mean?" I vaguely asked.

"I saw you reading- what I assumed was a letter- and you looked troubled. Like something bad had happened."

I stared at him. I knew it. But he can't find out what's happening. It's too dangerous. I sighed. "Um, yeah, my dad sent it. He wrote that my pet goldfish had died. That is why I looked like something bad had happened. I loved that little guy. He was like part of the family." I smiled sadly.

Harry just stared at me, his face expression blank. I couldn't tell if he knew that I was lying or not.

He sighed. "I'm sorry," He pulled me into a hug.

I didn't say anything else so I just ended up slowly patting his back awkwardly. He pulled back. "So we'll see you back at the hotel?"

I nodded. "Yeah. Have fun. But not too much fun." I advised him.

He laughed. "No promises."

With that being said, he left to his dressing room. I couldn't help but feel bad for lying to him. To all of them actually. They're all gonna probably hate me because of this. I groaned internally at the thought of that. Wow this is starting to sound depressing.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When I arrived to my hotel room, I took a shower, hoping that it will also wash away some of the anxiety that I had. After I showered, I changed into a navy shirt and black sweats. I sat down on my bed with my laptop in front of me.

When I was coming here to the hotel, Ashley had texted me back saying that we could talk privately. As I waited for the webcam to load, I put my hair up into a messy bun. Once it loaded I saw Ashley who was delighted to see me.

Please note the sarcasm.

"What was it that you wanted to speak to me about?" She inquired.

Wow, no greeting or anything of the sort. Lovely.

"I got a letter during the concert tonight and you have to be a moron if you didn't know that it was from Samuel." I bluntly said.

At the mention of Samuel, Ashley sat up straighter and dropped the pencil she was holding. "He found you?"

I deeply sighed. "Apparently."

"Have you told Paul about the letter?"

I shook my head. "No, I thought it was better if I run this by you first before I tell him."

"Alright, that's fine. What does the letter say?"

I grabbed the letter that was next to me and read it to her. After I finished reading the letter, I showed her the picture. "This was also taken earlier today."

She stared at the photo. "And you think he took it?"

I flipped the photo over and held it up. "I'm pretty sure since it has 'I'm watching you' on it. Who else is gonna be watching us?"

She rubbed her temple. "I seriously underestimated that man."

I crossed my arms. "I hate to admit this but he's right. How are they gonna protect me if they don't even know that they're- in a way- supposed to be protecting me in the first place? They don't even know specifically why I'm here to begin with!" I exclaimed towards the end.

"This is part of the mission. Not everything that we have to do is gonna make us happy, but it has to be done in order for it to be successful. You know that." She said softly, but seriously.

I silently stared at my hands down on my lap before I spoke. "I know. What do I do now?" I looked up at the screen.

She furrowed her eyebrows, thinking. "We'll try to figure out how he found you and try to find out where he is. In the meantime, I want you to not worry about this much. You don't need to show this much worry to the others. Try to act as normal as possible."

I sighed. That's easier said than done.