Chapter 8

I had trouble going to sleep last night due to the worries I had yesterday. I tried to follow Ashley's advice to 'act normal' today, but who am I kidding? I can't act normal here with these five crazy boys. But anyways, I tried to be normal around them so they wouldn't suspect anything, not after Harry did. But I did go to Paul in the morning, telling him about the letter and the photo.

As you would expect, he was worried about it and he agreed that it would be better if the lads didn't find out about this. They already had enough on their plate with the tour and interviews and such. This would put unnecessary worry on them and they don't need that.

Ashley hasn't contacted me in any way today. She probably hasn't found out how Samuel found me.

In the middle of my thoughts, I felt someone lightly slap my shoulder. "Huh? W-what?" I asked, still in a daze.

Niall looked at me in disbelief. "Emma, I was telling you for the past five minutes how Harry ate the sandwich I saved in the fridge and you ignored every word I've said." He pouted at me from across the table.

I smiled at him apologetically. "Sorry, Niall. I guess I was too wrapped up in my thoughts. Tell you what, I'll make you another sandwich." I offered.

He smiled brightly. "Can it be two?"

I chuckled. "Deal."

"Can you make that three?" Louis popped in out of nowhere.

"Four?" Liam walked in.

"Can you add two more to that?" Harry asked with Zayn trailing behind him.

"But you ate Niall's sandwich, though." I raised an eyebrow.

"But I'm still hungry." He looked at me pleadingly.

I crossed my arms against my chest and sighed. They all looked at me with puppy eyes and I bit my lip to hold back a smile. Eventually I gave in. "Alright, no need for that. I'll make you your food. But I'll probably need to go to the store because I doubt Niall has enough food for all of you."

"Want me to go with you?" Liam asked.

I shrugged. "If you want to."

"Yeah. Hold on, let me get my phone." He left the kitchen.

The other lads broke into their own conversations except Louis. He was leaning against the counter, frowning at the ground.

"You alright, Louis?" I went to stand next to him.

"Hmm? Yeah. Why wouldn't I be?"

"Well for one, you're frowning at the ground as if it insulted you." I pointed out.

He looked at me with a small smile on his face. "Really, I'm fine."

"If you say so."

"So you're going out with Liam?" Louis casually asked.

I looked at him confused. "If by 'going out' you mean to the store then yeah."

"Seems like the two of you are getting quite close." He continued.

"Well yeah. I mean, with all of you really, considering I've been with you guys for four months. But I've been closer to you since I've known you longer." After he heard my last statement, he seemed to be in a better mood. "Yeah, you're right."

I looked at him confused. I wonder why he was suddenly acting like this.

"Ready, Ems?" Liam walked back in.

I stared at Louis for a few more seconds till I turned to Liam. "Yeah. Let's go. See ya later, boys." I walked out of the room with Liam behind me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Don't you think we have enough?" I looked at the food filled trolley.

"If Niall were here, he would disagree." Liam laughed.

So Liam and I went to the store to buy the necessary things we needed to make the sandwiches but we ended up grabbing more, different food then we intended to.

"True," I grinned. "And that is why I won't go grocery shopping with Niall."

"I feel like there's something missing though." He murmured.

I stared at the trolley. "I agree." After thinking about it for a bit, I snapped my fingers. "I got it!"

"Chocolate!"

"Crisps!"

"You want crisps?" He raised his eyebrows.

"You want chocolate?" I asked back.

He nodded.

Hmm... "How about this. I'll get some crisps while you get your chocolate." I suggested.

He nodded. "Great idea."

We both went our separate ways and Liam- being the gentleman he he is- takes the trolley with him.

Now where is the aisle with the crisps?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Wow, I never fully realized how big this place was. About five minutes of wandering around I was ready to give up when I finally found them. There were so many that I couldn't decide which to choose. I just walked down the long aisle seeing if any of them caught my attention.

When I finally chose what bag I wanted, I noticed that someone was watching me from the other end of the aisle. I couldn't see who it was, they had their hood pulled over their face. I knew it wasn't Liam because his was blue and this person's is a dark gray.

Unless Liam teleported back to the hotel and switched hoodies, and he wanted to scare the shit out of me.

My curiosity got the better of me and I went towards them. I was halfway to them when I heard something behind me. I stopped and glanced behind, but there was nothing there. I frowned and turned back but whoever that was watching me disappeared. My frown grew deeper as I looked around. What the hell is going on?

I was about to move when I felt someone put their hand on my shoulder. I yelped and jumped, almost dropping the bag of crisps in the process. I turned around to see a startled Liam.

"Oh, it's you." I breathed out relieved.

"Yeah, it's me." He frowned.

"Sorry, Liam, you just startled me. I guess I was in deep thought and I didn't notice you." I explained.

He looked at me slightly hesitant. "Are you sure?"

"Yeah!" I nodded. "Come on. I think we have enough food to last us for a few weeks. Or in Niall's case, a few days."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~Keep Smiling :)~