Chapter 25: Ruby, Groovy! Damn you child!

Start from the beginning

Brian lit up like a Christmas tree, but I frowned, scanning the computer screen again. Dammit. Jim handed Brian the keys and I slouched, lagging behind him as we entered the elevator. "You're sleeping on the floor," I stated, finding the energy to stand upright.

He laughed, "I told you, no matter how hard you try, I'm not going to let you run away."

"Well," I said, and stepped onto our storey level, "a two meters distance will have to do then. And besides, knowing that your stubborn head is sleeping on a hard floor makes me satisfied."

He scanned the key, and opened the door, cutting in front of me. I purposefully stepped on his toe, but he snorted taking a quick step forward, grabbing my hand while doing so. With force, he pinned me against the leaf patterned wall, causing me to drop my bags in surprise.

My chest rose, my stomach doing summersaults as the battle of logic and lust began. "If satisfaction is what you're looking for love, then there are other ways I can help out," he huskily whispered.

Now how could I give up a guy like this?

Cutting back the urge to smash my lips onto his, I rolled my eyes and pushed him to the side. Getting a breather from that hectic moment, I collapsed on the couch, suddenly exhausted. All this battling against love was exhausting. Talk about work-out of the day.

Eyes drowsy, I rested my head on the arm chair, nose sticking up into the air. Staring aimlessly at the ceiling, I couldn't help but notice the large plant dangling above me. Perplexed, I studied the green leafs, noticing several tiny red balls deep in the forest canopy.

I yelped as Brian sat on my legs, snapping my attention away. He bent over, hovering just inches from my face. His charming scent ate my vision up, almost blurring my sense of logic at how close we were.

"I'd thought you'd never ask," he growled, eyes sparkling.

"Ask what?" I questioned, trying to move. However, when sandwiched between a cushion and a sexy boy, life only gives you so much freedom.

He smirked and pointed over his shoulder. Looking, my stomach churned and I darted back to the mistletoe above. "Oh-but-"

Brian rested his fingers on my lips, and as if a curse washed over my body, he applied his gorgeous puckers onto mine. The world stopped, and my mind spun, unable to grasp control. Excitement rushed, and I felt his heart beat as fast as mine. Was this what I wanted? Was this what I wanted to run way from?

Squirming, I felt his hard chest press up against me, grunting a little as his weight came down. However, the complaint quickly dissolved as we pressed closer, my legs wrapping around his waist.

After about three minutes or so, the two of us were out of breath, staring into each other's eyes. His strong hand cupped my cheek, stroking my soft skin. 

"Merry Christmas, Rivyn," he said, and kissed the top of my forehead.