part thirty-two

michael: dylan tell me a joke

dylan: what do you call a fat psychic?

dylan: a four-chin teller

michael: that was the worst joke ever

michael: but i laughed so it counts

dylan: are you sad again?

michael: sort of

dylan: you want me to come over and cuddle with you?

michael: yes omg i love cuddles

dylan: be there in a few :)

dylan told her mom she was leaving and got in her car. she drove to michael's house, and when she got there, there was two cars instead of one. she assumed it was his mom's.

she walked up to the front door and was about to knock, but stopped herself when she heard shouting.

"you're such a screw up, michael. is that why your girlfriend hates you?" dylan looked through the window and saw michael's mom yelling at him.

"dylan loves me," michael muttered in fear.

"sure she does. and so do i," she scoffed. "those are all lies, michael."

dylan didn't hesitate to get her phone out, ready to call the cops.

"i wish i wouldve gotten rid if you instead of your sister," his mom slapped him across the face and dylan gasped, immediately calling the cops.

twenty minutes later, multiple cop cars showed up and barged inside, taking michael's mother by the wrists.

"you are under arrest for continuous abuse of your child."

dylan rushed inside, tightly embracing michael while he sobbed into her shoulder.

"thank you," michael whispered.

"i told you i'd pretect you," dylan replied.