Mind Games

"So.. I saw your little sex partner came over her last night."

I jump at the voice. Once again, someone has awoken me and I can't see who it is. But I have a very good idea of who it could be, just based off of their voice.

Chapman.

"What the hell do you want now, Chapman?"

"Oh, nothing. Just wanted to swing by and see how my little buddy is doing."

"She is not your little buddy." That Australian accent is so familiar, now. I love it so much.

"Oh, look who decided to join in!" Piper chimes sarcastically.

"Probably would be the best if you got off of her bed so you don't go to the medical wing and I don't get sent to MAX, again."

Piper stands up, her nose touching Stella's.

"You better watch out, McKyle. She might do something behind your back that you don't appreciate to much," Piper says while staring directly into Stella's eyes.

"Well, I don't care. I love her enough to get over it."

Piper laughs then questions, "And you really think she loves you back." She continues to laugh as she walks off.

"Don't listen to her, Koda. She is just jealous of me because I have you." She comes over, pushes my hair away from my face, then kisses my forehead.

"Let's head to breakfast."

• • •

"Oh look! The love birds!" Boo says.

"Surprised you guys showed up and didn't head to your Fucking Quarters," Alex mocks. I punch her arm.

Me and Stella sit across from each other at the end of the table. Next to Stella is Boo and Morello. Next to me is Alex and another girl named Nicky. She just came back from MAX.

"So, how many times?" Nicky asks us both.

"Pardon me?" Stella replies.

"You know, how many times?" She makes some grunting noises and a humping motion under the table.

I look at Stella. She winks at me. That is the trouble wink.

"Oh," she exaggerates, "Way too many times to count! I don't think I learned how to count that high in school!"

I kick her under the table and she laughs.

"Once," I correct her. "She means once."

I must be blushing again because everyone starts to laugh. Everyone except Alex. She is paying way too much attention to Stella, so I elbow her side.

She looks at me then at Nicky.

"So, Nicky, how......" Alex begins to talk but I zone her out.

I go throw my garbage away. When I look behind me, I see Piper staring right at me. She appears to be talking to someone, but her focus is completely on me.

Stella comes up behind me and I can tell Piper doesn't like it. Stella puts her hand on my waist to direct me back to the table, and Piper gets pissed to the point that she looks away.

I don't follow Stella, but I go out to the bunks. She follows.

I sit on my bed and she sits next to me.

"Hey, are you okay?" she asks. I can tell she is concerned by the way her voice lifts.

"Yeah.... Yeah, I'm fine."

"Quit lying to me, Koda. I need to know what is wrong so I can fix it."

"She makes me feel so uneasy by the way she looks at me. I feel like she is taking my clothes off in her mind. And I don't like the way she talks about you. Sometimes she makes me wonder if you do actually love me." I look down at my hands. I can't bare to look at her.

"Dakota, first off, of course I love you." She lightly grabs my chin and lifts it so our eyes meet. "I would never lie to you about how much I love you. Second, she probably is de-clothing you in her brain, but that shouldn't bother you. It's meaningless. I bet a lot of the girls do it because of how gorgeous you are." I can't help but smile. She smiles and kisses me.

"You're right. I shouldn't let her bother me. She is just another person."

"Good... Now I don't have to beat the shit out of her." She laughs a little.

I look into her eyes. They are beautiful. I look at her jawline. It's so perfect. I look at her lips. They are so kissable. I look at her everything and realize she is my everything.

This time, it's not her kissing me. It's me kissing her.

I then think of all the things Piper said.

"...stole my money....sex partner....behind your back....you really think she loves you?...."

I pull away from Stella quickly.

"What's the matter, sweetheart?"

"She's right, isn't she?"

"What are you talking about?"

"Piper. She was right wasn't she?!"

"Dako-"

"You're a thief! You're using me for sex! You're planning something behind my back! You don't actually love me!"

She goes to speak, then she stops herself.

"See! You can't even argue because you know I am right! You don't care about me! You don't care about anyone but yourself!"

She still is sitting there, not speaking. She isn't even looking at me.

"Look at me goddamn it!"

She finally looks at me. When she does, there is something different. Something I don't usually see from her.

Her eyes are filled with tears.

She is crying.