Butterflies

The walk is pretty long. The guards both have a tight grip on my arms.

We finally arrive at my room. It looks just like Stella's. The bed is on the far, right wall. The bathroom is directly across from the door I am standing in. The TV is right in front of me, hanging on the wall.

The guards sit me down on the bed and leave. I guess they trust me enough to not hurt myself.

The nurse arrived shortly later. She puts what I think is rubbing alcohol on the wound. It stings like you wouldn't believe.

She finally wraps my hand up. I am still able to move my fingers, but I can't do anything more.

"We will stitch you up in a little bit. We just have to make sure it isn't infected." She walks off.

I end up falling asleep after about ten minutes. I wake up to the doctor wrapping my hand up again.

"Why, hello there, Dakota." His voice is very soothing. "We finished stitching your hand up. You might feel some slight pain in a little bit, but it is completely normal." He smiles at me then walks out when I don't respond.

He is right. I do start feeling pain. It's pretty sharp, but I can deal with it. There is an Ibuprofen on the stand next to my bed with a glass of water. I take the pill without the water. I didn't really need it, but it's better to be safe than sorry.

I end up falling asleep again, hoping that will help the medicine kick in and stop the pain.

I dream about Stella. I see her smile. I hear her laugh. I feel her gentle touch. I then hear her talking.

"...I get this feeling in my stomach when I see you. It's not like I'm sick. It's like there are baby butterflies that get happy when you are here. Just like I do... They may feel weird, but they are worth it if I am with you."

I feel something soft touch my forehead. I open my eyes to see Stella kissing my forehead.

STELLA!

"Oh my god! You're here! You're okay! I was so worried about you! I couldn't stop thinking of you and if-" She cuts me off with a kiss.

She pulls away first and looks at my hand.

"What happened?" She has that concerned look in her eyes.

"It's nothing."

"Don't lie to me, Koda. Did someone get into a fight with you?!" She is begining to get angry but not at me.

"If you consider punching a wall to be fighting someone, then yes. I did get into a fight." We both laugh a little.

"And why did you get into a fight with a wall?" she says in that "mother" voice.

"I was thrown into the SHU and thought of why I was. I thought of all the moments leading up to that one. I then asked myself whose fault it was that I was in there. I finally figured out it was Piper. It was her because she is the one who got pissed and stabbed you, and that is the reason I had to sneak out to see you. So I punched the wall until my knuckles were down to the bone and began to bleed. Oh shit! Your wound! Is it okay?"

"Yeah, it's fine," she chuckles. "They said I would be fine in a few days. It still hurts a little if I move certain ways." I realize she is in a wheelchair.

"You're in a wheelchair! She put you in a wheelchair!" I sit up quickly.

Stella grabs my arm to calm me.

"It's okay. I told you I will be alright."

"She better hope you will be alright; for her sake."

Stella starts to laugh.

"What?"

"It's just really cute when you get angry for two reasons. One: your ears get really red and it's really cute. Two: with your hand all patched up, you look like you have a little boxing glove on your hand." She starts laughing again and I blush and slightly shove her shoulder. I don't want to hurt her.

A guard walks into the room.

"Okay, Stella. Time to go. The doctor wants to check up on you. Say your goodbyes. I will be waiting right outside the door."

He walks out.

"That's Jax. He is one of the guards, obviously. We have gotten to know each other pretty well." She looks into my eyes. "I love you, Koda. I hope you know that. I also love these butterflies you give me." She kisses me and rolls to the door. Jax comes back in to roll her back to her room. She winks at me on the way out.

I wonder if the dream I had wasn't a dream at all. Maybe she actually did talk about having butterflies.

I look at my wrist to see her name. I like the idea of having a tattoo. I think I may get more.

I think my next one will be a butterfly.