Chapter 6

Flaca's pov

As I left mine and maritza's cube, I had a big cheesy grin plastered on my face.

"I see flaca's in a good mood." Daya says to me while she finishes up making her bed.

"What makes you think that?" I reply.

"You have the biggest grin on your face, and I heard maritza laughing her ass off. The last time I heard her laugh so hard was when this new girl shitted her pants." Daya says while she lets out a giggle.

"Well." I say as I jump on her barely finished bed and scoot over to the wall and tap on the side of me to signal her to lay down next to me. "She looks beautiful when she laughs, so I'm glad I had a part in it. You know, making her laugh and smile." I with a small smile gazing my lips.

"You like her." Days says in a teasing voice while she turns on her side to face me.

"What! No." I quickly reply.

"Admit it. You do." She says as she wiggles her eyebrows up and down.

"Maybe just a little. I just want to get to know her better. I don't want to just jump in a relationship, were barely on the bridge of friendship. I don't even know if she likes me."

"I know more about maritza then anyone else in this prison, she's like my sister. I have a feeling she might like you back, it's been awhile since I've seen her so happy. She had a tough past, I'm not going to say much, because it would be best off if maritza told you."

"I'm glad she's happy. I'll wait till she comes to me and opens up, I don't want to prey on anything."

"That's good, just be careful. I don't any of you to get hurt, especially maritza."

"I wouldn't be able to live with myself if I hurt maritza." I say in a whisper.

"No you wouldn't, because I will kill you." Daya says in joking manner. "How about we quit with this conversation for now, and head to breakfast. I'm starving."

"Me too." I say as I sit upward and daya gets off the bed.

"Let's get going." I say as I leave daya's cube and see maritza heading to our bunk which is a couple cubes down from dayas.

"Hey daya, hey flaca." Maritza says as she gives both of us smiles.

"What are you doing?" Daya asks.

"I just got back from the showers. The girls are heading to breakfast already, they asked me if I could put there stuff away."

"Flaca and I we're just heading to breakfast, do you want us to wait for you?" Daya asks.

"No you guys go on. I still have to put my stuff away." She assures daya.

"I can wait for you." I say as I finally speak up. "Only if you want me to."

"Sure." She says with a smile. "I'll like that."

"Do you want to wait with us?" I ask daya.

"No. I'm good. I want to go eat."

"Well, see you in a bit." I say as she turns to leave.

"I just have to put my stuff in my locker, then we'll head to the cafeteria."

"Okay." I say with a smile as we take off in the direction of our cube.

"I'm tired and starving." Maritza whines out, which I think is the most adorable thing ever.

"Do you want to cancel our plans after breakfast, so you can get some rest."

"No!" She replies quickly. "I mean no. I want to spend time with you, and get to know you better. I'm tired of talking with daya." She says as she puts her stuff in her locker.