{one}

Have you ever had that person where sometimes you hate them to death, but then other times they just make you really happy? That person for me was Nate Maloley. We could never make up our feelings for each other. I've learned that with some people, your feelings need to be contained. Sometimes feelings just put you in bad positions, and trust me. I know.
***

Nevaeh's POV

"Nevaeh, you little shit! Give me the controller back!" Gilinsky yells at me while he stands up chasing me around the room while Johnson just sits there laughing at us. Gilinsky continues to chase me until I'm trapped with a wall both behind me and next to me, and to my other side is my bed. G finally snatches the video game controller back and he stares at me.

"What?" I laugh and he just shakes his head.

"You're going to pay for that, you're just lucky that I need to get back to my game." He chuckles and walks back over to the beanbag near JJ and sits down continuing his game. Getting bored of watching the two just play their game, I walk to the living room where I see Nate, Sammy, and my older brother watching some show. I was going to watch with them, but then I realize that the only place left to sit was next to Nate, so I changed my mind. I grabbed my phone and walk outside.

I might as well explain to you what the deal between Nate and I is. Sammy, Johnson, and Gilinsky are my best friends, practically my brothers. Ever since my parents left my brother, Cameron and I, they were always there for us. The only bad thing is that with them, comes Nate. Nate and I have never really gotten along, he is literally the definition of a fuckboy. I practically see him with a new girl everyday, and that's why I don't really like him. On the other hand, he has no reason to not like me, he's just a douche. Either way I have to deal with him because he's part of our little family I guess, and he's Cameron's friend.

Cameron and I have lived in this house together, ever since our parents decided to leave us when he was barely 17 and I just was about to be 15. We've always been close, but them leaving just brought us even closer. It's been about two years since then, but we're doing fine. Yeah it sucks that our parents left us, but it's kinda cool because we're able to do anything we want. But anyway, I'm done with this back story so back to reality.

As I'm sitting outside scrolling through Instagram, I hear the glass door slide open, and then being shut. I look up to see Nate. Of course it had to be Nate. He completely ignored my presence and sat down in the chair next to me also on his phone. I groaned.

"Why are you out here Nate?" I look over at him waiting for an answer.

"Why is it any of your business Nevaeh?" he looks as me pulling his sun glasses down.

"Why are you such a douche bag?" I roll my eyes at him knowing it annoys the hell out of him. He places his hand over his chest and smiles.

"Why are you such bitch?" I've already had enough and it hasn't even been 5 minutes so I just get up and walk around his chair trying to get to the door. That is until he grabs my arm, stopping me from walking. "And what have I told you about rolling you eyes at me."

"Fuck you Nate." I pulled my arm out of his grip.

"You should babe." He winks, I glare at him and just walk inside only to bump into someone. I look up to see Sam and behind him is the rest of the boys; Cam, Gilinsky, and JJ.

"Oh there you are! We're gonna swim, you should change and hop in with us!" Sam smiles his huge smile at me.

"Alright I'll be back in a minute." I run to my room and change into my red swim suit. I pull my brown hair up into a pony tail just so it doesn't get completely tangled while I'm swimming and head back outside. When I step outside all eyes are on me, all except Nate's. I'm starting to get a little uncomfortable, but thankfully Cam speaks up.

"You sure you wanna be wearing that around all these guys, they might try to rape you." Cam raises his eyebrows and laughs. I just roll my eyes and slowly walk into the pool getting used to the cold water.

After about ten minutes, Nate finally decides that he's going to join us in the water. He takes off his shirt and I can't help but stare. I sit on the pools steps admiring his tattoos before getting snapped out of my trance by Johnson saying,

"Nateee, I think someone likes youuu." He drags out some of his words. I scoff at him.

"He wishes I liked him." I say cockily and Nate rolls his eyes.

"In your dreams princess." He jumps in the pool next to me causing water to splash all over me.

The rest of the day consisted of all the guys messing around in the pool, Nate and I arguing like children, and movies us watching movies all night until we all fell asleep in my living room.

A/N: Okay guys I'm actually really excited for this book, and I hope I can finish it😅. I hope you guys actually like this one.💗 Oh yeah! and just to make it clear Jack Gilinsky will either be called 'Gilinsky ' or 'G '. Jack Johnson will either be 'JJ ' or 'Johnson '.