Chapter 2: He Done Lost His Damn Mind...

Beatrice's POV

"Oi, Riche, have you heard?"

I looked at my thinly dressed friend, Gaap in curiosity. "What?"

She snickered. "Damn, you really are slow today. Battler and Jessica got into a fight on the game board. Hell, they could start the killings themselves!!"

I got up and slammed my hands down on the table, hearing the clinking of my teacup. "What the hell?! Who authorized this?!"

Smiling, Gaap snapped her fingers and a pitch-black hole opened up under us. On the other side of that hole was the witch's smoking room.

Sitting there, were Bernkastel and Lambdadelta with smirks on their faces and teacups in their hands.

Bernkastel was the first to notice me. "Aah, if it isn't Beato... Having fun watching our game?"

"No, cause I haven't seen it yet!" My voice was strained. Gaap giggled behind me. It seemed that she was having fun. But I wasn't. "But I've heard rumors. Of Jessica and Battler fighting?!" I yelled.

"Yup. It's the best game ever." Lambdadelta chuckled, throwing another handful of popcorn into her mouth.

"Stop yelling. We're trying to watch." Bernkastel scolded.

"No! I will keep yelling!" Is what I wanted to say, but I kept my mouth shut out of respect. So I walked over to my seat and plopped down in it. "Let's just see this game, shall we...?" I muttered to myself.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Change of Perspective by Killua Zoldyck!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Shannon's POV

I fought against the unpleasant rolling in my stomach. I know 1986 is the year we're all supposed to die weird deaths, but this game was different and a little bit more unpleasant. Jessica and Battler refused to even feel each other's presence, and their parents didn't stop them. Nor did anyone else.

I was very glad that George wasn't involved in any of this, so I didn't worry. But with Kanon, it's not that easy... On the contrary, I'd think that's it's hard to hold back your crush when they want to smash someone's head in.

Genji didn't look fazed, but I saw through him as easily as looking through the curtains in the parlor. That incident in the lounge would cost thousands of dollars, and the glass shards could have hurt someone, a family member might get sued, all those things flew through his mind.

Jessica was scribbling something furiously in her notebook. I didn't ask what it was for, but it looked like the notebook was already page-full with whatever she was writing. 

Maria was looking uncomfortable the entire time after the fight. She refused to eat breakfast, and I was pretty sure she was going to skip lunch. Rosa was NOT happy about that. She didn't hit her, she just held her close with worry written on her face.

Battler was somewhere else; probably in the cousins' room.

I could only pray that no one would kill somebody else.

"Hey, Shannon." An unfamiliar voice entered my eardrums. I turned around to see Jessica, smiling abnormally. "Come over here." Without waiting for an answer, she grabbed my arm and forcefully pulled me to the cousins' room.

Once inside, I was surprised to see Rosa, Maria, Eva, Natsuhi, Kumasawa, Kyrie, and Ange. Jessica sat me down and then sat down herself next to me.

I dare say in my head that I have no time for this! I have the night-shift. But if Madam was here, then...

"Now..." Jessica started. "Let me start off by saying that we are outnumbered on this island."

Eva pressed her fan to her lips thoughtfully. "By the men?"

"Yes." Jessica answered. "Isn't it unfair that we are ordered around by men, tormented by men, traumatized by men, and insulted by men?! I know you have, Aunt Eva and Aunt Rosa!" She pointed to her aunts with an intense expression. They both looked down; I could practically see memories flashing through their eyes.

"Exactly! So I have a proposal. Let's rise up!" Jessica dared, standing up. "This year, it will be printed into the history books that a woman will be the head!!!"

All the women in the room except Maria and Ange, who had confused expressions, began clapping loudly. I clapped slowly, pretending that I understood when I really didn't. Also I was really scared.

"We may be outnumbered, but we are not outmatch-" Jessica was cut off by the door swinging open... Revealing all the men on the island, even Kinzo.

"Arrogant women!!!" Battler shouted, standing at the door. "We challenge you!!!"

"Whaat?!?!" I blurted out by accident.