Chapter 1: And So it Begins...

Kanon's POV

"Nee-san, you almost done...?" I monotonously asked my 'sister' who was folding the white pillowcase silently and perfectly. We were supposed to help set up the plates and utensils on the dinner table. But we were late for being early, and it was her fault.

Completely ignoring my question, Shannon asked me without looking up. "This is Beatrice-sama's first game in a while, right? And no murders, right?"

"Yeah." I replied with a little bitterness. Why was I answering her question when she didn't answer mine?

As if reading my mind, Shannon replied. "Now I'm done. Let's head to the dining room."

"Jessica, put that stool down this instant!!" I heard Madam shriek. There were sound of glass breaking.

"Not until Battler admits that he's wrong!!" She retorted. It was coming from the lounge, where everyone was.

To see what was going on, Shannon and I rushed to the entrance of the room, getting more and more worried as the yells and the sounds of glass breaking became more frequent and vulgar. I heard Kumasawa-san scream a long 'Hiii-!'

Genji poked his head out and quickly spotted the two of us sprinting towards the lounge. "You two. Over here, now...!" He commanded.

"Yes!" Shannon and I obeyed and entered the lounge.

(play music)

It looked like all hell had broken loose. Madam was trying to pull Jessica away from Battler, who she had been trying to hit with a stool. Her face was covered in scratches, and even blood trickled from one side of her mouth. Battler was on the opposite side, and was being held back by Ange and Rudolf. Battler held a candlestick in his hand, but his injuries were the same as Jessica's.

George was holding Maria with a pale face. Maria was crying, trying to verbally end the scuffle. Rosa was on the sidelines, darting her gaze from person to person. Eva was yelling at Krauss, since he wasn't doing anything. Hideyoshi was breathing heavily. Kyrie was trying to pull the candlestick away from Battler's hands. Dr. Nanjo was between the fighters, trying to settle them down.

Kumasawa had gloves on, picking up the shattered glass that had fallen down. Gohda was behind the counter, and was guarding the Master's precious liquor. Genji was on the phone.

At first, I thought he was calling the police, but he was actually calling the Master, trying to keep his voice as calm as possible.

"You bastard!!!" Jessica screamed at Battler. "Take back what you said!!!"

"You've gone and pissed me off; I won't take it back, and I won't regret what I said!!!" Battler shot back.

"You have a wife! How could you say such things about her gender?!"

"She agrees too! Women are a pain in the asshole!!! She agrees too!!!" He was probably talking about Beatrice-sama.

"I can't believe that!!!! I can't believe you just said such a thing!!! No need to show you any mercy, I'll beat an apology out of you!!!" Jessica ripped an arm free of Madam's grasp and tried to slash at Battler.

Jessica still continued. "Oh yeah, and you know what?! Women are the reason you're alive!!! Aunt Kyrie could've just got an abortion and you wouldn't even be here!!!"

"Same thing with you, right?! Aunt Natsuhi could've destroyed you as well!!!" Battler exploded.

"I'll destroy you!!!!!"

Madam glanced at me and her eyes quickly filled with relief. "Kanon, help me...!! Shannon, calm everyone down...!!!"

I wasted no time in running to the girl I liked and pulling her free arm back. "Milady, calm down!"

"No, Kanon-kun! I can't when Battler needs to be killed!!!!" Jessica retorted in my ear.

"This is unnecessary... Don't fight with each other... You're cousins..." Dr. Nanjo tried to reason with the two fighters, but they didn't listen.

I had an idea at once. I looked over to Madam. "Madam!"

She looked at me, hopeful that I had an idea.

"We have to take them out of the lounge...!" I suggested. Madam nodded agreeing.

"We'll drag Jessica out. Now!"

At the word 'now', I pulled Jessica towards the door, and I felt Madam push her daughter from the other side. Once in the corridor, I began dragging her towards the parlor. All the way, Jessica put up a struggle and tried to run back to the lounge.

Once we were at the parlor entrance, I dug in my pocket and held up my master key, and unlocked the door.

(Stop music)

Once inside, we dragged Jessica to a couch and sat her down. Before she could get up, I ran to the door and locked it.

Jessica's anger had gone down, but she still looked like she wanted to kill Battler.

After a while of silence and Madam fidgeting, she stood up. "I'm going to check on the damages. I'll be right back. Kanon, keep Jessica in check."

"Yes, Madam." I replied monotonously.

When she left, Jessica muttered, "I'm glad you're not like that bastard Battler. He always thinks he's king of the island..."

"What started that fight anyway, Milady...?" I asked the question that had been bothering me for like five minutes.

Jessica gritted her teeth. "It all started when we were playing Old Maid, and then Battler said, 'No wonder it's called Old Maid. Only women would be drawn and passed around. '"

To be honest, I misunderstood. Why would that be offensive at all...?

"And then I said, 'There's a game called Old Geezer too. It fits you well.'"

Now, that I understood. "Eh.. Uh... Milady... Wouldn't that mean that you caused the fight...?"

Jessica looked down and bit her lip. "Maybe..." Shortly after she looked up in defiance. "But that bastard hit me in the lip! I can't take that sittin down!"

Aw, crap...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Change of Perspective by Killua Zoldyck!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Shannon's POV

"Let go of me! Let go, dammit!!!" Battler screamed trying to pull away from his family.

"Onii-chan, please stop! Don't try to fight her anymore!" Ange yelled, trying to pull the candlestick away from him.

I had gloves on and was helping Kumasawa pick up the glass that was shattered in the fight. As I did, I heard the screams grow more violent.

"Battler!! Don't be an idiot! You were the one who started the fight!" Rudolf shouted at his son.

"She was the one who started it with all her crap!!" Battler screamed back.

"Just put the candlestick away and calm down. You're probably tried from that vicious beating..." I heard Dr. Nanjo try to soothe him.

After a while, I heard the screams and stomping cease as Kumasawa and I finished cleaning up the glass.

"I'll kill Jessica for that..."

My breath hitched in my throat. I prayed that he wouldn't do something so drastic...

I stood up and faced the family sitting on the couch. Fixing my posture, I suggested, "Maybe some tea will calm you down, Battler-sama..."

Before Battler could retort, Kyrie answered, "Y-yes, I think some tea would be best. Thank you, Shannon-chan..."

I sort-of speed walked out of the lounge, and made my way to the kitchen hastily, trying to bury the fight into the recesses of my mind.