Alejo- Chapter 25

::CHAPTER 25::

I watched her every move as she crossed my path and took a seat at the couch. There was a determined blaze in her eyes but it was all for nothing. I already knew that she could do this. She had nothing to prove. I’d seen it in the set of her jaw and the squaring of her shoulders.

I’d goaded her for the simple reason that I wanted her pissed, determined and irritated. I needed her to be distracted by her own mule-headedness. I had to make her feel anything but the emotions I couldn’t process; fear, anxiety, nervousness.

She pinned me in place with a pair of blue eyes that were nothing like my own. Hers burned like the hottest of flames while mine was as cold as a hunk of ice. But none of that mattered now. What had my attention was her neck.

Just beneath the red of her hair was a pale expanse of skin. It was so fair, so milk white, that I could see my next meal pulsing just under it. The veins weren’t visible to the naked human eye, but I saw them. Slender ropes holding the sweetest experience I’d ever had while feeding. That brought a smile to my face.

I strolled over to her, keeping my pace slow.

As determined as she was now, that could all go to hell in a second. I couldn’t afford to spook her. Not when I was so close. If I did this right, like I did just about everything else, there would be regular feedings. Feedings free from any anxiety or fear.

Her head tilted up to look at me from where she sat. I lowered myself to the floor. Kneeling before her, I shifted the power play. I was eye to eye with her, but it didn’t matter. She still looked at me kneeling before her.

The visual impact of that ‘submission’ would calm her better than seeing me hovering above, crowding and backing her into a corner. It was not a true submission of course. Subconsciously she knew damn well that I was the one in total, utter and complete control. But it was a pacifying illusion.

Cupping her face with both hands, I made sure her attention was on me and me alone. “I would have you by the neck tonight,” I whispered a hair’s breadth from her face. Her lips parted as if she was about to reply. Nothing came out. “I also would take your silence as permission to do so,” my voice dropped with my fingers trailing down her neck and over her pulse. She hesitated before nodding. “Very good,” I murmured and nipped at her lower lip.

She gasped but didn’t pull away. I took a sparing taste of the crimson liquid beaded on her open mouth. I closed my eyes at the nectar and honey flavors exploding on my tongue and in my mind. “Just as I remembered,” I nodded quiet praise. She flushed, but that determined look never left her face.

Scooping her hand up from her lap, I looked at the slender middle finger. It was the same one I’d taken my first taste from. She looked down at that finger and then up into my face before blushing again.

She remembered that time as well as I did.

Keeping that eye contact, I raised her finger to my lips. She stared, transfixed, as I punctured the skin with the lightest bite. Her swallow was audible but I felt no anxiety from her. She looked…expectant.

I sucked on the finger tip. A long, slow draw of metallic-sweet blood. The longer I suckled that finger, the more her expression changed. I keep that reaction in mind for a rainy day. That heavy lidded gaze hinted at something I doubted even she realized.

The scorching in my throat soothed. The blistered skin was calmed and I could swallow without wincing.

That aside, the very flavor of her was another slap to my senses. It exploded on my tongue, keeping me entranced and unwilling to relinquish the perfection of such a taste.