Chapter 1

Skyler's Pov.

Since I was younger I always knew I was different to the other kids in the pack, I was always singled out and picked on, bullied and hurt. All the members of the pack treated me like their slave their bus boy not caring what they were putting me through.

At first it wasn't always like this, it all started after my mother had died when I was 12. She was murdered by a rouge one night when she had followed me out into the woods after I had a fight with my older sister holly. She had been protecting me when the rouge attacked, she managed to kill the wolf but later died from the serious injuries she got and wasn't able to heal quickly even in the wolf form resulting in her death.

My father blamed me for the death of his mate and I was just a constant reminder of what he had lost. I have a small heart - shaped face, brown shoulder length hair, big doe-like hazel eyes, a small button nose and plump pouty lips. I stand 5 foot 3 inches tall with curves in all the right places. My friends at high school think I'm pretty but I very much doubt that as the pack make it clear I am an ugly, fat piece of dirt.

The next 5 years were the worst years of my life. I was bullied, taunted, beaten, starved and threatened on a daily basis, my only escape was school but even there with the pack attended they still made my life a living hell. I remember one evening when my father came back home to the pack house drunk when I was in the kitchen cooking dinner for everyone as I had no other choice or I would have got a beating for not doing as I was ordered, he came into the kitchen came over to me and started to beat me. He proceeded to haul insults at me telling me I was an abomination and I should not be here living walking around when his mate was not, that night father showed his real hate for me and how much he didn't want me around.

Holly and Dylan my older siblings was just as bad, they would through my meal on the floor and command me to eat in front of all the other pack members otherwise I will get a beating, they would come home from school and produced to beat me if I hadn't done the house work, washed their clothes right, have dinner set at the right time etc..

The pack never helped the encouraged in it, chanting spiteful name and insults at me when even I came past, slapping me or pulling my hair.

I thought that may be Alpha Tom would help me and put a stop to it as he is meant to look and his pack and protect them, but from the way I was treated and how it had carried on for years I know that his was a heartless man, just putting up pretence. He didn't care about this pack his just loved the power that came with being an alpha; I hated him just as must as I hated my father.

But thought out all of the years I had be treated like the scum of the earth, I still did hold a little love them as they were my pack but the love was thrown out the day I found my mate.