The barn

A/N this chapters going to be Good Thank you for reading!

I slid into my normal seat on the bus, sayer and Sophie already on. "Wanna come over?" Sophie asked sayer "ahhh, I'll ask." And, of course, she pulls out her phone to ask her parents. I rolled my eyes and plopped down in the seat. Waiting for sayer, I looked out my window. Kids were yelling and screaming, running in every direction to catch there bus. "Jerry, get out!" Olivia yelled from the seat behind me, Olivia, sayer, Sophie, and me all lived in the same neighborhood so we took the same bus. As for Jerry, we he was a small boy in our grade who always sore green and brown everything. He was extremely annoying and known for sitting in people's seats and pushing them. "No, you move!" He yelled back, Olivia glared at him and with one hard shove, he was one the floor of the bus isle. She smiled "I believe I was here first." She said happily, Jerry huffed and slid into another seat. "Kay, I can come over." Sayer said, putting her phone away. I smiled "yay, lets go to the bakery." I said, pulling out my phone. "Ya" Sophie agreed, sayer nodded and the bus pulled away.

The bus ride was somewhat short but I pulled my phone out anyway to check my emails. Ever since my sister had found this website called wattpad sayer, Sophie, and I have been addicted so I was always checking my emails to see if I got a comment on one of my books I posted.

The bus stopped and I slipped my phone into my jacket pocket and followed sayer off the bus "bye Nancy!" I called "goodbye" she replied and we slipped off the bus. Our neighborhood was about a 15 minute walk from town center so when the weather was nice, sayer, Sophie and I would get off here and either go to the bakery, the pizza place, library, or cvs after school before we walked home.

Once arriving at the bakery, we took our normal seats in one of the from tables. Slinging my backpack over the chair sayer asked "what are you getting?" While rummaging through her wallet. Technically, our parents gave us all $8 a week. And, Sayers parents do, almost always, but sayer doesn't save so almost never has money. Sophie and I on the other hand, haven't gotten our allowance in over 2 months, we got it taken away for something I can't remember. But, our mom through a $50 to us or a $20 for really no reason, not to mention is getting us gift cards to everywhere we go all the time. So, we both have about $200 and something, not including our gift cards that we use. "Umm, probably a mini baguette." I said, pulling out my gift card from my over stuffed wallet. "Same." Sophie and sayer said at the same time. We smiled. We almost always got a mini baguette, they were .80 cents and weren't THAT small. Sayer was first in line "the usual?" The old lady asked from behind the counter, we were regulars here so she knew us well. We all nodded and smiled.

1 minute later, we were handed each a mini baguette. We thanked the lady and left.

We ate as we walked, listening to the cars rushing by as we ate. "So, wacha wanna do?" Sophie asked, biting into her bread. "Dk." Sayer replied, I rolled my eyes. Sayer used texting language a lot, thinking she sounded cool. Ya, I know, we're a fun bunch! "We could got to the barn?" I suggested. About a 2 weeks ago, when we had been exploring in the woods behind our house, we had found an abandoned barn. Then, unfortunately, we saw that it was in the back yard of a yellow house. Almost everyday since, we had been working up the courage to ask if we could use it to transform into a club house. We haven't asked yet. "And do what?" Sophie asked "run away like baby's before we could ring the doorbell?" She asked sarcastically. "No, come on guys, I'll do it this time!" Sayer pleaded, she was the most into this. I sighed "fine, lets go." I muttered, sayer squealed with delight. "Not again!" Sophie groaned, but it was too late, we were in from of the dig yellow house.

The house was big, the drive way off to the main road was right before the street to our neighborhood, but the drive way was long as we walked down it. I started to feel nervous, like I always did. "G-guys, remember the plan." I whispered, mostly to convince myself, they gave a shakily nod. "Alright, sayer, you promised to talk." Sophie said as we neared the doorbell. Sayer let out a deep breathe and nodded. She rang the doorbell. No one breathed. We waited, no one. "Ah, guys, I don't think there here." I whispered. They nodded and we all let out a deep breathe, relieved. As we turned to leave, I herd voices. They did too. We all looked confused as we tiptoed to the noise. It sounded like it was coming from the back of the house. We peered around the back, there they were, a family playing in the back yard by the barn. Sayer gasped "there here!" She hissed. I gave her a -we-can-see-too-you-idiot look. "Guys, lets go." Sophie hissed nervously, I shook my head. "We came all the way here, what's the worst that could happen?" I whispered. Sophie gulped. Taking a deep breathe. I took a step. Then another. I could hear sayer next to me and Sophie not to far behind. The family still couldn't see us. One more step and they would. That's when I panicked. I turned and sprinted for the life of me, sayer and Sophie on my heels. We were less then half way down the drive way when I herd a out of breathe man yell "wait!" Behind us. We stooped and turned around. "Ah." I said "ah." Sophie echoed, we began retrieving back towards the man. He looked young, probably in his early 30des. "Hallie, do you want to ask?" Sayer said. I turned to look at her "no, you ask!" I said, annoyed she was breaking her promise. When no one talked and the man stared at us I knew we had to talk. "Um, hi, we were, just, ah, wondering about your barn?" I said, looking away. The man smiled. "Oh, ya, so do you want a tour?" He asked brightly. Why is this man being nice?! "Um, s-sure?" Sayer said hesitantly. The man smiled and gestured for us to follow him. Ok, I know, our parents would freak if they found out we were follow a complete stranger into a abandoned barn. That's exactly why they didn't know. We followed the man into his back yard, the rest of the family staring at us like we were insane. Maybe we were. There stood a pretty woman, about the mans age, and 3 children. "Oh, this is my wife Rebecca." He said, gesturing to the woman who smiled at us, I smiled back "and my 3 children, Todd, who's 7, Lucy who's 4, and Braden who's 2." He said, gesturing to the three children. I smiled at them. "So, so you live around here?" Rebecca asked as we headed for the barn with the man, his children went to play on the trampoline. "Um, ya, we live on the next street over and our friend, sayer, lives a little farther down." Sophie explained kindly, she nodded and smiled. "Oh josh, I'll check on Braden, you give them the tour." The Rebecca said kindly to the man by the name of josh I'm guessing. "M'kay." He agreed, leading us to the barn and opening the door. It was weird that we were about to get a tour when we've been coming here for 2 weeks now. Never the less, we smiled politely like we didn't know anything as josh showed us around, the barn was big and had 2 floors thought the 1 floor was storage and small, the top one was big and empty. It had some shattered windows, and a big sliding barn door that didn't have stairs coming out so it was odd to have a door no one could come in or out of, but it was every cool.

"So that's about it." Josh said kindly, turning off the small light in the center of the room as we left. "Oh, cool, thanks for showing us." I said nicely. These people were very nice and it made me blush at how they first met us, running like there's no tomorrow down their drive way. "Oh, no problem." He said, walking out the barn, us trailing behind, the kids and Rebecca were already inside as we headed towards the drive way. "Well, thanks again for showing us, we better get going." Sophie said. The man nodded and smiled, suddenly the front door swinging open, and our stepped Rebecca with Brendan on her hip. "Oh, bye, thanks for stoping by, come over when ever you'd like. Oh and, do you do babysitting?" She asked. I smiled, the truth was, I've only babysat once, my little cousins, but I loved little kids and babysitting! "Defiantly!" Sophie said, she loved it as much as me. Sayer nodded and Rebecca smiled. "Great! Well, I'll see you around!" Rebecca said "ok, bye!" Sayer said, and we waved and left, running down the drive way.

When we were out of sight and in our neighborhood, we burst out laughing. I'm not really sure why, maybe because of how nervous we had been our how josh had caught us running.

"Well, that went well!" I laughed. They nodded and laughed again. "Sure did." Sayer said happily. She took out her phone and locked at the clock. "I've gotta go guys, homework, catch ya later!" She said, turning and hurrying down the road "see ya!" Sophie called "bye" I called after her. And she was gone.

Wow, that ruck some time! No Sam in this chapter, sorry guys! He'll be back, don't worry! Lol vote and comment!