chapter 2

I walked side by side with Naruto to the cafeteria with the others behind us. For some reason, i felt a pair of eyes staring at my back but i choose to ignore it. As we enter the cafeteria, of course, fangirls squealed and ran to the boys. I was pushed away from Naruto's side by the fangirls. I scowled and walked away with the girls. We sat at our usual seat and again, we stared at the boys being pulled by the fangirls.

"Neji, let's have a date tomorrow"

"Hi kiba, you look cute today!"

"Naruto, sit with us!"

"Shikamaru, join us for lunch"

"You look so hot today, sasuke"

I sighed again. "When do we get to actually sit with the whole gang and not just us all the freaking time!" Ino groaned.

"I know right. Ever since the fangirls club got even bigger, the boys never had time to spend with us" tenten sighed and me and hinata nodded in agreement.

"I know! Let's have a sleepover this weekend!" Ino suggested. My eyes suddenly lit up. I love having sleepovers! especially with my best friends.

"Great idea, Ino! I'd love that!" I said, raising my hands and i don't even know why.

"I agree as well! We can finally have time to spend together!!" Tenten said.

"I-I second t-that" Hinata said, stuttering as always.

After removing the fangirls from them, the boys join us at the table. Naruto as usual sat next to me and Kiba was on my other side. Sasuke sat across from me and i glance at him for a second. He caught me glancing at him. I smile at him and look at Naruto. I don't know why did i just smile at him. He must've had the wrong idea later. I mentally slapped myself.

"Sorry we're late, girls" Kiba said, smirking. I rolled my eyes and i'm pretty sure that ino and tenten did that too. "Yeah yeah late as usual" ino waved her hand infront of kiba's face. "Anyway, we're planning to have a sleepover! We haven't done that since few months ago, so why not? We will get to spend some time together!" Ino said.

"That's great! Count me in!" Naruto grinned and raising his hand up.

"What a drag but i'm in" shikamaru sighed.

"I'm totally up for it!" Kiba said, sounding too excited.

"I'm in as well" Neji said.

"Hn" you guessed it; sasuke.

"Great! My house this weekend!" Ino said proudly and sat back at her seat.

The rest of the day went by quickly and it was already over. I decided to go grab a coffee. All of my friends went home but Naruto decided to stay with me. Isn't he the best best friend ever?

"Thanks Naruto for accompanying me to grab a coffee" i said. Sipping on my coffee, me and Naruto walked to the park. Me and Naruto loves to hang out at the park. We would always be here if we're happy, mad, sad, etc.. It's because there's a lot of cherry blossom tree at the park and it just makes it a beautiful scenery.

"No problem, sakura." Naruto grinned. We sat at the swing and watched the sunset silently as we sip our coffee.

The park is quiet as there was not many people. This is also the same park where i met sasuke. I smile as i remember talking to him and he called me beautiful eventhough my forehead is big. I blushed as i remember sasuke tuck my bangs behind my ear and since that day, i pulled my bangs away from my face just because sasuke said that i look beautiful that way.

Wait... why am i even talking about him?! No  i don't love him... or do i? Nah, just shut it Sakura.

Shaking my thoughts away i look at Naruto who was staring at me. I raised my eyebrows and he noticed that i was looking at him. He looked away and somehow he was blushing. Hmm.. i wonder what's on Naruto's mind. Both of us ignore it and enjoy the sunset.

"Hey uh.. sakura?" Naruto said. I turned to him again, "yes, naruto?"

"Do you remember when we met here; at the park?" He asked. I smile, remembering it and nodded, "of course, Naruto. I couldn't forget that day"

FLASHBACK

It's been two weeks since Sasuke ignored me and pushed me away. I can't help but cry. I went to his house, but as i got there, Sasuke told me to leave in a harsh way. I was, of course, offended and feeling sad so i left while crying. Knowing that my mom would question me because i was crying so i ran to the park where i met sasuke. I sat by the swings and cried as hard as i can. Thank god that there was no one there to see me crying. At that time, i was feeling sad and angry. There were lots of emotions coming; i was confused.

Someone tapped my shoulder and i quickly wipe my tears. Lifting my head i saw one of my classmate but i was not quiet sure if he was my classmate.

He was looking at me with soft eyes and slightly smile.

"Sakura? Are you okay?" He asked. I tilt my head to the side, trying to remember him. I guess he saw my furrowed eyebrows and i was squinting my eyes to scan him. He looked so familiar.

"Oh, sorry. I'm Naruto Uzumaki! I guess you didn't realize that i was sasuke's best friend. Remember? We talked to each other twice, i think" he said. Looking at him for the last time then i recognise him. He was sasuke's first best friend. Ahh, now i remember. Sasuke talked about him few times.

"I remember you, Naruto" i said with a smile. He grinned then sat on a swing next to me. We sat there in silent before he broke it.

"Were you crying because of sasuke?" He asked, almost whispering. I flinched and turned to him, he had hung his head low. I sniffed and looked down. Tears started to fall on my cheeks.

I couldn't answer because by now i was crying again. He took that as a yes for his question. He stood up and crouched down infront of me. He hug me and i cried on his shoulder with him soothing my back. Few minutes later, i pulled away slowly and Naruto wipe my tears.

"Don't be sad. Sasuke is like that because of that accident and you know it. He'll be back... i know he will. And it's not just you, I was treated as same as sasuke did to you. I guess... he just wanted some space to recover from his lost." Naruto said with a small smile. Eventhough he was trying to be strong, i can see tears in his eyes. I know that Sasuke and Naruto are best friends before me and sasuke met. "On the bright side, i'm here for you! Let's be friends?" He held one hand out. It took me few seconds to shook his hand. I smile and gave him a hug.

I feel comfortable around him already.

PRESENT

since that day, me and Naruto became close. We get to know each other day by day. Eventually, everyone knew we were like made for each other as best friends. We're both clumsy, loud, funny, friendly, annoying and much more. Sometimes, i do wish that i met Naruto first instead of Sasuke. But sometimes, i do wish that the accident didn't happen and sasuke and i are still best friends until now.

I wonder what actually happened to Sasuke.

"Anyway, Naruto..." i trailed off then he turned to me, "why did you ask that?"

"Just because..." he chuckled by himself the turned to a serious face. I was extremely confused.

"Sakura... i-i have something to tell you..." Naruto said. I nodded, asking him to continue. "Well... on that day where i found you at the swing.... i-i uh.... actually before we met there, i saw you at Sasuke's house. I was actually on the way there to meet him but i saw you. I saw how he told you to go away. I saw you ran while crying so i followed you because i know how it feels to be pushed away. I was trying to make friends with you... because ever since i met you.... i-i started to fa-" he was cut off by my phone ringing. I gave him an apologetic look because my phone was cutting him off and i quickly took my phone.

"Hello?" I said.

"S-Sakura.." it was my mom.

"Mom? What happened? Are you okay?" I started to panic because she was crying.

"I-It's your dad... please c-come home q-quick" i stood up and Naruto gave me a worried look.

"I'm on my way. Stay right there!" I hung up and turned to Naruto. Tears fall on my cheek. I knew something was not right about dad.

"D-Dad" was all i could say to Naruto. He understood, grabbed my wrist and we ran to my house.