Chapter Thirty

Sophia's point of view

After awhile, I kind of gave up on looking for Gabe and started actually looking for pretty seashells. I found a few, a pretty light purple one and a coral colored one.

I bent down to pick something up and then washed it off in the ocean. I lifted it and saw that it was a sand dollar. I smiled and held it as I continued looking.

"What are you doing here all alone?" Someone asked and I jumped. "Oops, did I scare you?"

"Yeah," I breathed out and turned to look at the brunette boy. "What are you doing here all alone?" I asked him and he chuckled.

"I was actually looking for you so we could properly talk and get to know each other." He said and I smiled. "What were you doing?"

"Picking up seashells." I said and he nodded as we began to walk along the shore. "Anways um, what do you want to know?"

"Anything you're willing to share."

"I don't know where to start, I'm pretty boring." I said as I played with my sand dollar. "I don't know." I said as I laughed.

"What do you like to do?" He asked me. "Besides picking up seashells and hanging out with your brothers."

"Brothers?"

"Those two weren't your brothers?" He asked and I was quiet. "Who are they?" He asked me.

"Um... yeah, one of them is," I lied and he nodded. "But um, I like basketball and listening to music." I said with a shrug. "Uh, hanging out with my friends, playing guitar, and hanging out with my
brother."

"See? You're not as boring as you think if you can list what you like to do." He said and I nodded, asking him about his hobbies. "I like basketball too, and video games are a must in my life. I also enjoy music and American football."

"Only American football?"

"Yes." He said and I nodded with a chuckle. "I feel like I've seen you before." He said and I looked at him confused.

"Where?"

"In my dreams." He said and gave me a charming smile. I laughed and he gave a chuckle.

"Stop being cheesy, I'm lactose intolerant." I said and he laughed. He asked if I really was and I shook my head.

"I wasn't being cheesy, I was trying to be smooth to get you to like me more." He said and I rolled my eyes. "Did it work?" He asked and I shook my head.

"No, cheesy pickup lines don't work on me." I said and he nodded. "Only because I'm the one who gets to say them, not the other way around."

"Well miss Sophia, do your best. Impress me." He said and stopped. He turned to me and I laughed.

"No."

"Come on." He said and I shook my head. "Are you scared they won't be as good mine?" He teased and I rolled my eyes.

"Mine are the stupid ones. They don't pick people up. They make them laugh and walk away." I said and he looked at me. "Just one," I said and he nodded.

"I seem to have lost my number," I said, sounding bummed out. "Can I have yours?" I asked hopeful and he chuckled.

"Yes you can." He said and I laughed. "That wasn't that bad. Mine was better, but it wasn't bad."

"You're an idiot." I said and we turned around to walk back. "Why am I talking to you?" I asked him.

"Because I'm cute and cool."