Chapter Twenty-Eight

(Another really short chapter, I'm so sorry.)

Sophia's point of view

When I woke up, I was still in Luke's arms and he was sleep. I hummed and then slowly, and carefully, got out of his grip. I rubbed my eyes and then went to my bedroom.

I stripped out of the clothes I had on while I was at school and kicked them away. I threw on a long sleeve I stole from one of the guys and then pulled on some short shorts. When I finished, I put my hair in a bun and then went downstairs with my phone in my bra.

I went to the kitchen and then put some water in the kettle. When it was full enough, I put it on the stove and turned it on. I grabbed a mug and then a box of tea bags.

I took one out and set it in the mug. I yawned and then a phone was going off. It was Calum's phone. I knew his ringtone.

"Hey Calum, we need to have a meeting about when you're taking Sophia back to the adoption center. I know your asleep but call me back when you can."

The phone call ended and I felt as if my heart was ripped from my chest. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath. I couldn't get worked up again.

You knew this was coming.

I sighed and then leaned against the counter as I waited for my water to bowl. I pulled my phone out and typed in Calum's birthday because it was my pin.

I went on my Twitter and it was literally full of me and Makenna. There were photos of us at the mall and then us at the carnival. There were some of us making out and then there were the ones off of that strip of photos.

Then, there were photos of me and other people. There was me and Kevin and then there was me pictutes of me and some other girls that I took pictures with before.

All the captions read that there was something going on between us. It was pretty bad, especially when the ones of me and Kevin were edited to look like we were dating.

The last photo I saw was of me and Makenna making out in front of out houses and I grit my teeth. I threw my phone at the wall and then ran a hand through my hair.

The kettle went off and I turned it off as soon as I heard it whistling. I poured some in my mug and then set the tea bag in it. I left it in there as bit and once it finished, I threw the bag away and went to the dining table.

I sat down and then took a sip of the hot liquid. I set the cap down and then put my head down. I couldn't help the tears that filled my eyes as I kept my eyes down.

So many things were going wrong. First I'm going to be going back to that adoption center soon and there are so many pictures of me and someone that makes it look like we're dating. Then I have Derrick on my ass all the time at school and Makenna would be mad because those photos did leak.

I lifted my head up and clasped my hands together as I looked down at the table. A tear fell on the table and I grabbed my mug. I took a really quick sip and then set it down.

"Ashton? Are you o-Sophia?" I heard a shocked voice. "Was that you who made that loud noise? What was that?"

"My phone hitting the wall." I said without any emotion in my voice. I took another drink and I felt a hand on my back.

"What's wrong?" Michael asked me and I turned to look at him. "You can talk to me." He told me and I looked at him with watery eyes.

"Everything." I said and my vision blurred. "I-I... My whole life is messed up Michael. Every bit of it."