ch. 1 - Takin' Back My Love

Takin' Back My Love by Enrique Iglesias ft. Ciara
"Go ahead just leave, can't hold you, you're free, you take all these things if they mean so much to you..."

     Louis wrapped his hands firmly around the steering wheel, his icy-blue gaze focused ahead of them as he drove down the small road.  Beside him, Harry was mumbling incoherent words in his sleep with his legs tucked up against his chest.  He gnawed on his bottom lip with his teeth, closing his eyes and drawing in a deep breath that he was nearly positive about to make him combust.  They were close to the next town over, Christchurch, and had been driving for nearly two hours now.  It wasn't that long, he supposed, and it would keep them safe considering the fact that the population only had 47, 900 (that's what the sign had said, anways).  He let out a small breath, pulling up into a rather ratty-looking Motel along the side of the road.  The motel sign had the 'e' missing, however, so it looked more like Motl if anything and yeah -- he may or may not have grinned a bit at that.  He parked the car near the back end, switching off the engine and unbuckling his seat belt.  Picking up his wallet and small over-night bag from the back seat, he hesitantly reached out to stroke at Harry's messy, silky curls.

"Harry, we're here, love."  Louis whispered softly, his eyebrows furrowed together and blue eyes locked on his ex-boyfriend as he merely shifted uncomfortably in his seat for a minute or two before going back to mumbling.  "H, c'mon.  Wake up."  He tried again, massaging at his scalp.

"Wha-?"  Harry slurred, closing his eyes tightly for a moment before blinking them back open again against the harsh street lights bearing down on them.

"We're at a motel in Christchurch.  Small town, just like you said."

"Oh, yeah, s'alright."  The curly-haired bloke muttered, swatting Louis hand away and rubbing at his bleary eyes as he sat up again.  His bright green eyes were glazed with sleep, and his body looked as if it had shrunk in his nap.  Though, he knew that that was next to impossible.

"C'mon then, ba-"

"Don't call me that."  Harry gave Louis a pointed look, shoving his bag over his shoulder before pushing open his door.  The older of the pair sighed, shaking his head and ruffling his hair.  It was quite cold outside, as it was November, and he had to bundle himself up into a black-pea coat that Niall had given him last year for his birthday.  God, he missed the other three boys already.

"Fine, Harry, wait up."  Louis called, clambering out of the car with his bag and swinging his door shut behind him.  Locking the doors, he stumbled over the parking lot in his rush to get to Harry as he held the door open rather impatiently for the Doncaster boy.

Stepping into the ratty-looking hotel, Harry turned around to face the desk with his head ducked down to avoid eye contact with the women despite the fact that he was bundle up in a beanie, hood, and scarf.  "Room for 2."  He muttered, much to Louis surprise, before he reminded himself that they were quite low on money.  For now, anyways, as they were going to exchange cards and bank accounts on their way to get out of England.

As Harry paid for their room and retrieved the two room keys, Louis pushed his hood up over his face as well and made his way out of the cramped lobby after him towards the elevators.  Inside, the walls were a rather mustardy-yellow with paint chips dented into the walls to reveal speckles of white.  It wasn't the most ideal place, but he supposed that it would settle.  For now, at least.  Pressing the button until it blinked on and the lift's two doors were shuddering open, the two boys bundled their way inside of the tightly-compacted space until they were pressed close together inside.