Chapter 1: The Escape

I looked down at my watch. It was 3:26 p.m. By the way, my name is Elizabeth Limes. But I go by Liz. I'm a 16 year old Caucasian girl who lives in Slendsville,California. Well,used to. I'm about 5'3 and have long and curly brown hair. "Are you ready for Terrastone Liz?!?" Asked Harry (My newly acquired 'Father'). Terrastone is the place that my new parents were taking me to for a so called better life...oh please! What was wrong with my life? Is is that I was an orphan? Was it that I don't hang out with anybody? Could it be that I'm beautiful and don't like people back? The answer is YES!

"We just know your going to love it in there honey!" said Beth, my new mother.
"Are you excited?" she asked me.
"Of course! How could I not be excited about leaving the only place I'd ever love?Slendsville! I'm so happy that your moving me to a lame place called 'Terrastone!' You might as well just move me to China!" I exclaimed loudly.

"Now, now, pumpkin, I know it seems a little bad but we promise you it will all get better after a little time there." What Harry didn't know was that I had a plan of my own. Harry pulled over in what seemed like the middle of nowhere but had a couple outhouses, a water fountain, and lots of nature, for a bathroom break. Definitely nowhere near the city.

"Ok people! No more than 15 minutes alright?!?" Harry said as Beth and I walked towards the outhouses. I walked in and the stench was one of the most unbearable things I could've ever smelled. I plugged my nose and held my breath for about 20 seconds before bursting the door wide open.
"My turn!" exclaimed Harry as he walked in afterwards. Now is my chance. I bolt towards the woods behind the outhouses and hope that no one saw me. I'm feeling such a rush throughout my whole body. From the top of my brown hair to the bottom of my size 7.5 feet there's some feeling that this is what I'm destined to do. I just know it.

After 5 minutes of straight running, I decide to sit on a nearby log and take a break. I reach my hand in my pocket to look for my phone and then I remember that I left it in the car. Great. Probably nowhere near any source of a city that I could get to. Out in the woods alone, cold, and starting to think I made a mistake. But I can't go back! Do I really want to spend the rest of my life with Mr. and Mrs. Terrafarts? I'd rather die in the woods by starvation.

A few hours later I decide to go deeper and deeper into the woods. I'm hungry as hell and I don't think twigs and pine cones will do it for me. My knees are ready to give out and I don't want to get eaten by anything so I climb the nearest tree to about 15 feet up. I lay on the branch and get ready to go to sleep. I look at my watch again and it's about 7:00 p.m. I close my eyes and start to fall asleep.

I wake up and sit up on the branch I was sleeping on. I look at my watch and see that it's only 7:16 p.m. I've only been asleep for 15 minutes? My stomach makes a very loud noise that sounded like a dying zombie. I guess I'm too hungry to go to sleep. I jump down from the tree to go find some food but as I land, my foot hits a nearby rock and I scream in pain as I fall to the ground. A group of birds scatter away from me. I'm so mad at myself for performing such an idiotic move.

Now it's really bad. Still alone, still cold but now I'm also having to limp or hop to my destinations. I finally reached a point where I can see the light at the end of the woods. I charge as fast as I possibly can on one leg. I close my eyes, leap out of the trees and take a huge breath of air. It smelled like it was going to rain.When I open my eyes, I am relieved and outraged at what I saw. There he was...my grandpa in a speedo. JUST KIDDING! It was a beautiful stream of water just cruising down the river. I immediately drop down on all four and crawl to the glistening water. I take many handfuls of water and drink it all so fast that I almost didn't even notice the other side of the river. Even more trees, bushes, sticks, and who knows what else. It wasn't the end of the woods; it was just a cut in it.

I should've followed the river to the end, but I didn't. I couldn't help myself but to hop up again and keep going. My ankle is starting to hurt even worse then before. Don't know how much longer before my I don't feel my ankle at all. That's it. I'm done. I've gone as far as I can go on a bad ankle. My only hope now is to hope that it feels better in the morning.

I try using my brain for once and start to make a fire. I gather some twigs and rocks and find a clear spot away from trees.Wow!It looks so much easier on Survivor. I finally start seeing sparks and I go even faster. Eventually I got myself a nice, cozy, and warm fire.

I found a bunch of leaves and put them all in a pile near the fire. I laid down on the leaves and tried to adjust and make myself comfortable. It's 8:38 and I'm already so tired. At least I filled up on water and can rest knowing I won't be cold throughout the night. But as I'm falling asleep, I hear ruffling in the nearby bushes. At first I just thought I was delirious, but then the noise appeared again! I'm scared now, but I'm so tired that my eyelids are shutting together faster and faster. I try to wake myself up but my body keeps refusing. Right before my eyelids closed and I fell asleep, I saw something coming out of the bushes that made my stomach turn in an instant.

A big, fur covered hand, with 5 long, killer claws coming out of it.