Chapter Two

I make my way down to the elegant ballroom. Being the oldest royal family, we have artwork that dates back to when paint was first invented. The art covered the ceilings and walls. There's white marble pillars that are placed in the perfect spots, grand curtains, a stage for the performers or for any announcements, and a beautiful mahogany colored hardwood floor. It's definitely one of my favorite rooms in the castle. "Hello mother. What did you need me for?" I curtsy to my mom.

"London, can you please help your brothers and the help set up the decorations for the upcoming ball? We're trying to make this as elegant as possible." My mother says in a powerful tone that she's known for having.

"Of course. I'm sorry, I got caught up in doing something else." I say. It's good to have manners and be conceited at this point. My mother glances over at the decorations on the table and then continues to tell the maids where to put decorations, tables for food, etc. Me and my mother don't have an amazing relationship, nobody is to blame for that. I don't tell her anything personal, she just teaches me how to be proper. I begin putting decorations up with my brothers and the help. It seems that the color theme this year is gold, black, and white.

Even though i'm 100% closer to my father than my mother, I still love her. And I respect them for having so much work to do. She's the queen, for gods sake. I've learned to not bother her as much, and to just distance myself from my brothers so I'm not bothered for more than 12 hours a day. My brothers are a complete nightmare. So, of course, I distance myself as much as I can, and then go to my room and play the guitar, or work on my skills and such for when I become queen. Occasionally, you will see me playing video games with my very small group of friends, but it's more occasional now than it was when we were younger. My brothers are all at least 200 years younger than me, and then each nearly a century apart. That makes me nearly 500 years older than my youngest brother. They're all at the most 100 years apart. The two youngest are basically fledgelings.

It's definitely frowned upon, but I'm not a virgin. I'm a royal and I'm expected to wait a millennium to have sex for the first time. Even though I couldn't wait, I will still love my beloved. Even if I didn't want him or her at that moment. I will still love them. And it's up for them to decide if they will do the same. Hopefully I'm being fair by saying this.