;; OO5

It felt like it had been ages since I woke up this morning. I woke up in my treehouse near Sokovia. I took a shower in ice cold water, I still had to look for food that afternoon.

Now I laid here, in a high-tech tower in New York, where some Korean woman was fixing up my arm with a weird machine that copied your cells or so.

I stared sideways at the already healed wound. I had to admit that it was quite amazing how this thing worked. Still, I was more okay with my body fixing it himself.

Or maybe I was just being stubborn. It wouldn't be the first time.

》 Cho tapped the screen for the last time, and the machine stopped scanning the wound. She bent over it and looked at it for a few seconds. Then she stepped away, a smile forming on her face.

"It worked, but I didn't really expect anything else. You do understand that you have to go easy on it for a while?"

I looked up and nodded, my glare on the edge of deadly. The Asian woman looked away, towards the door. I got the hint and walked towards it. I left the room quickly, to stop at the window.

》 The view was fantastic. Shiny towers around me that rose up into the clouds. This building I was in was even higher than where I stood. Wow.

Now I understood the behaviour of Tony Stark. He owned this thing? He had to be unbelievably rich. And you had money, you had arrogance. People would want to be friends with you anyway. Kind of useful, knowing someone with money. For myself, I knew no one with money, and I coped perfectly. So I wasn't planning on being friends with Tony Stark.

I wondered what I had to do now. He wanted the serum, and I agreed. But I regretted it. I should've said I wanted it done in two days or something. Because he could keep me here forever. Well, I wasn't going to let that happen, but technically, he could.

》 I decided to step away from the glass wall and find myself a way down. Exploring this thing might be fun. My eyes fell on the elevator. Yes. Let's do this.

Once I stood in front of it, I looked out for a way to open the doors. That I quickly found, a small button in the metal next to the doors. I pushed it. It lit up, but the doors didn't open. I frowned and pushed it again. It was still alight, but the doors kept shut. What. I waved in front of the doors. Nothing. I was just wondering if it would help if I kicked the doors when they opened.

Inside, I met the only guy I still didn't know the name of. He wore normal clothes instead of his blue superhero suit. I stepped inside and the doors closed behind me.

I turned towards him. "So, what do they call you?" I asked.

"Cap. But my name's Steve Rogers, or Captain America," he said. I looked at him with mock written on my face.

Captain America. Yeah, right. I quickly decided to call everyone by their last names. That sounded a little professional. Stark, Rogers, Banner, Barton. I still didn't know the name of the woman. Thor had to be Thor. If I remember it right, his last name would be Son of Odin. I wasn't going to do that.

"And you are?" he asked.

"Echo," I spoke, looking away. We went silent, and it was perfect. I expected he'd ask more, but he said nothing. Not even about my abilities. My thoughts wandered back to the jet. Then I remembered that someone mentioned SHIELD.

"Rogers," My eyes turned to his. "Could you tell me what SHIELD is?"

He frowned. "They're a secret agency that does know about all the possible dangers in the world. Most of us work for them or have cooperated with them," he said thoughtfully.