Chapter 6: More questions

Chapter 6: More Questions

~* Lily's POV*~

What just happened?

My mind was about to explode! I can't even process what just happened in the last 10 minutes so that I can calm down my heart that is about the break out of my chest.

I just sat on the edge of my bed, gripping the cold damp towel so tight my fingers were starting to tingle and knuckles were white. Not able to move, how could I when I can't even make coherent thoughts. My best friend who I have deep feelings for had kissed me. First, I thought I had imagined it, simply wished so hard that it would happen after all the bad, that my mind was playing tricks. But taking a minute to close my eyes and take in the silence after her brother stormed out of the room and I felt my lips. I knew just by how they felt, how my body reacted to the thought that it had to be real.

"Lily," Adam made his way back into the room, his voice just above a whisper. "What was going on when I walked in?"

"To be honest Adam I don't know." I looked up and seen the sad look on my brothers face. I don't know what I was expecting, anger maybe but never sadness.

"Lil, I just want the best for you and after everything that has happened the last thing I want is someone to take advantage of my little sister." He sat down on the bed and leaded his shoulder against me. His perfect blonde hair was getting to long and hung in his dull blue eyes that once held so much life.

"Oh big bro, you're so good to me. I think sometimes you are so worried about taking care of me that you forget about yourself. Who's taking care of you?" I could never be mad at him, he was the closest things left of my parents.

"Nah, I'm good Lil. I'm your big bad brother, no need to be taken care of, I got this."  He wrapped his arms around me and I let out a small giggle. "I'm sorry about what happened earlier I was out of line. But I do have to go back to work, I just had to come back to grab something."

"It's ok, I know your just looking out for me and I love you for it." I leaned over and kissed my brother on the cheek, leaning on him for a minute before he get up and headed to the door.

"Don't forget school tomorrow and I won't be home till late." And with that he headed down the stairs and out the front door.

Now left sitting in the house by herself that lonely feeling started to sink in again. Knowing she had to try and get up, at least to distract her from everything that her mind was trying to figure out. Pushing off her bed she walked to her closet and grabbed a worn old sweater that had to be one of the most comfortable piece of clothing she owned. With that thrown over her head she paired it with a pair of leggings and for the first time in 2 weeks she actually had an outfit on other than pajamas.