Chapter 5: Unexpected

Thank you all for reading the support means so much to me J Please let me know what you think by commenting and or voting.

Chapter 5: Unexpected

~Travis POV~

As it seemed time stood still as Lily sat in my lap, frozen with her lips pressed against mine. Her whole body was ridged, tense and it was driving me insane wondering what she was thinking.

What was I thinking?

Travis was mentally kicking himself as he started to really think about what had just happened.  The small kiss that just happened was something he has wanted to do for a long time.  He wasn't expecting it to happen the way it did, especially after everything in the last month that they all had gone through. The plan was to make it special, the perfect moment to let her know that he cared for her not only as a best friend but held a deeper love for her that no one else could fill. Of course, before he was afraid that revealing his feelings would damage their friendship. Her rejecting him because he was almost like a brother, and then things being left awkward. Thinking that way just hurt because if he lost her, he wouldn't know what to do with himself. So he settled for being her best friend, being there when she needed a shoulder, an embrace, or an escape.

I slowly pull my head back and look into my best friends eyes to try and get a glimpse of what she was thinking. Just as I am about to say something she closed her eyes and leaned her head against mine.

"What was that?" She whispered keeping her eyes closed.

Time passed slowly as we sat there in silence, me trying to find the words to explain what had just happened. The sound of Lily's bedroom door opening snapped us out of the moment we just shared.

"Lily, what are you...WHAT THE HELL IS THIS??" Adam's face changed from confused to furious as his eyes roamed over the sight of his little sister. Her sitting on my lap, wrapped in only a towel curled up nice and close.

Lily jumped so far she might as well have flown across the room. She gripped her towel close to her body as if just realizing what the situation looked like.

"Adam, I-I-I Was just" Lily stuttered looking everywhere like the right words were going to pop out of thin air.

"You were just what? What it looks like is that you and Travis were getting pretty cozy while you thought you were alone because I was at work." He was fuming you could practically see the steam coming out of his ears.

"It's not like that man and you know it." I spoke up putting my hands up like I was approaching a spooked animal

"And  YOU!" He pointed at me and started to make his way towards me until we were toe to toe. "My sister is here practically falling apart, and you think you can just take advantage of the situation since you know that you are one of the people she needs in her life."

As I was about to explain that what he seen was me comforting my best friend as he did not see the kiss we had shared, he surprised me with what he did next. He pulled back his arm and his fist hit my cheek with such force it knocked me completely over.

"ADAM!" Lily screamed, still holding her towel, but she clearly didn't care at the moment. Her eyes scanned over her brother and then looked over at me, catching sight of the side of my cheek turning a deep shade of red.

Silence came over the room as we looked between each other trying to take in all that had taken place. Her face looked so pained among the feelings she was having when I found her practically passed out in the shower, and what just happened with her and I.

"Lily, I won't have this type of thing going on while..." Adam started to speak, nervously rubbing the back of his neck.

" no, NO," I piped up. "Just forget about all of it." I could see that Lily didn't know where she stood and the emotion that crossed her face just killed me...Regret.

My heart was breaking as I got up and made my way down through the Carmichael home. I just wanted to rewind everything and take that kiss back. Just the look across my Tiger lily's face that she regretted what happened was enough to break me. I had been waiting years, ever since we were little kids playing in the back yard to show her that I cared for her. And not in the brotherly way either, as much as Adam would like to keep it that way. I could hear Adam and lily talking as I opened the front door and paused for a moment. What I wouldn't give for Lily call out my name, come down those stairs and stop me from leaving. But I knew that wasn't going to happen, she didn't love me the way I do her.

Walking out of that house and hearing the door shut was torture. But I knew that I had to leave because if I didn't set aside my feelings I might just lose her completely.

What do I do now?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I know this is short but I wanted to try and have a chapter from Travis's POV. I will be posting another chapter soon.

Let me know what you think, I love to hear it!!!!