Chapter 4 : Can I get a 'taking one for the team?'

Start from the beginning

It took a lot of guts to lean in and kiss Porter. I guess apart of me thought he'd jump away. 

I hope I wasn't being too awkward. How are we going to face each other after this?

All these thoughts and worries about the kiss started to flood my mind. I desperately searched for something to take my mind off of the kiss. 

I know!

I flew up to my working place, where my laptop is currently at. I got it, and flew back to the tree.

I sat down and turned it on, opening up to ghostly gossip. 

As I began typing up my blog, I felt a presence hovering over my shoulder. I turned around to find Marvin right beside me. 

I jumped in surprise, thinking I wouldn't see him again after everything that happened earlier. 

"Ghostly Gossip. Can't wait for the next ghostly post!" Marvin smiled, acting as if nothing about our little chat happened.

"What are you doing here, Marvin?" I asked, slightly annoyed.

Marvin's smile quickly faded away. "I just came here to say sorry." 

I didn't reply and waited for him to continue.

"I wanted to say sorry about getting in the way of you and Porter. I just...I-uh..um-uh..I-I..." Marvin stumbled.

"You what?" I asked, feeling a bit pitiful for Marvin.

"Ireallylikeyou!" Marvin said quickly, his cheeks turning rosy red.

I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion. "Sorry Marvin, I didn't quite catch that." 

"I...Like... You." Marvin said slowly, sucking in his breath each time.

I was at loss of words.

What do I say? I like you too? Did I like him?

Well he is kind of cute. 

No, no, no, no, no. What am I saying? Porter is the only guy I need right now.

Right?

Before I could say anything, Marvin opened his mouth. "I'm really sorry. I did it again, didn't I? Getting in the way of you and Porter. But I can't deny these feeling when I see your....beautiful face. I'm sorry Spectra, you and Porter are dating, you guys probably already said 'I love you' to each other, and-" Marvin stopped when he saw the look on my face.

Oh no. What type of look did I have on my face? 

My cheeks heated, and I was certain my face looked a bright shade of red. It was when he said me and Porter dating, and that we said we love each other. We didn't. None of it. Well not yet.

Marvin raised an eyebrow. "You guys are dating, and told each other you love each other, right?" 

Those three words...

The ones that mean so much.

"Well-I-I..uh-I-um-uh..you see-I-uh..." 

I'm a horrible liar.

"So, you two aren't even dating!" Marvin stated, as I looked at him sheepishly.

I saw the sparkle in Marvin's eyes once again. Is he...happy?

"Sorry. I didn't mean it like that." Marvin said, with a frown. 

I couldn't tell if it was a fake one or not.

"It's okay..." I muttered.

"I should get going. I don't want to get in your way. Once again, I'm really sorry. I hope we could forget about that?" Marvin asked hopefully.

Before I could think it through, I found myself nodding. 

Marvin grinned. "Bye, Spectra. See you around?"

Maybe Marvin really meant sorry. He really is a nice guy.

"Okay." I smiled.

Marvin flew away, giving me one last cheery glance.

I'm happy we're past that. Did Marvin really mean it when he said he liked me?

I shrugged to myself. He did say that he won't get in the way of me and Porter anymore, so I'll take his word on it.

The thought of me and Porter dating, made my heart beat faster. 

We did kiss. We did flirt. But we haven't dated. Haven't confessed our feelings for each other.

But the kiss me and Porter shared several minutes ago, was enough of a confession we would need. 

So there's nothing to worry about.

Right?

*********************

Author's Note : 

Posted this update as fast as I can! Your welcome! :)

Spectra kissed Porter! You go girl! Definitely taking one for the team.

Hope you liked it. Please VOTE, COMMENT, AND SHARE!!

Thank you for reading! :*

~xxBrokenSouls