Prologue (Updated)

Start from the beginning

A soft knock broke the silence enveloping the small room. A ginger headed matron entering with a smile.

"Good afternoon." The matron greeted. "How's mummy and the little one?" She asked as she checked her charts.

"I still feel light-headed," Hermione admitted. "She on the other hand is doing well."

"With your permission, I need to take her to run more tests."

"Of course." Hermione felt cold when she handed the matron her daughter.

The matron cradled Alicia in her arms and gave Hermione a comforting smile. "Get some rest, Miss Granger. Your baby will be right beside you when you wake."

"She's right. We'll leave to sleep. I'm starving anyway. Pansy promised me some sweets from that new shop nearby."

Pansy who was helping Hermione slide gently back down in the sheets scoffed at the pregnant woman. "I promised no such thing."

"Yes, well you cannot argue with a pregnant lady's cravings." Ginny waved and walked towards the door.

"I swear if I'm pregnant I'm going to get her bankrupt with my cravings," Pansy mumbled but Hermione heard her loud and clear. "Stupid, Potterette."

Hermione slowly laughed at their interaction. She was lucky with Ginny and Pansy's friendship. It was odd but it was comforting and warm.

"Would you like something from the shop?" Pansy asked.

"I'm fine. No need to worry." Hermione assured. Her tiredness quickly invaded her senses when her head hit the pillow.

"Alright. We'll be back soon." Pansy held Hermione's hand. "Blaise and the others will be here soon."

"Okay," Hermione replied with barely a whisper.

Pansy smiled and made sure she was comfortable before leaving the room to meet the craving redhead waiting by the door.

"She's hurting so much." Ginny pointed out when Pansy closed the room.

"I know. We can't do anything now." Pansy sighed sadly. "It's better this way. A child born outside a Malfoy marriage would make her a target."

"It seemed like you were adamant in convincing her to give the child his name."

"I just thought if Draco knew he would make the right decision. He's been through enough."

**

When they returned to Hermione's floor in St. Mungo's a group of healers rushed past them which caused Ginny to move towards the sides to avoid getting knocked down.

"Oi! A pregnant woman almost fell on the-" Pansy was cut off when she realized where the rushing group had entered. It was Hermione's room.

"Pansy." When Pansy turned to face Ginny the horror in Ginny's eyes was evident. Without hesitation, Pansy ran towards the room with Ginny tailing her. When she reached the room there was no doubt. This is Hermione's room. The scene they had reached was the worst they could possibly witness. Healers and matrons were surrounding Hermione's bed. The matrons were sticking different muggle devices and magical equipment on Hermione's fragile and pale body trying to see what was wrong and what was causing it but with all the equipment both magic and mundane Hermione didn't seem to bring her to consciousness.

"Blood pressure dropping." A healer announced as she watched the glowing muggle device.

Pansy and Ginny watched as the green line on the muggle device began to curve. Both of them knew it wasn't a good sign. Ginny clung to Pansy's arm for support as they watched their best friend fight for her life.