Prologue (Updated)

En başından başla

"What are you going to name her?" Pansy asked cutting Hermione's thoughts from the day that haunted her dreams for months. Ginny might not have sensed it, but Pansy surely sensed the pain and hatred radiating from the weak woman. "I'm sure you're going to name her after your best friend." Pansy teased and whisked her hair.

"That's right, Hermione." Ginny pipped in. "Ginevra or Ginny is fine with me."

"I wasn't talking about you, Weasley!" Pansy playfully scoffed at the redhead.

"Correction, Zabini, it's Potter now."

"Oh shut it." Pansy huffed in annoyance.

An odd trio they were. Two Gryffindors and a Slytherin actually liking each other's presence let alone being friends was unthinkable.

The friendship started when Hermione started working for Pansy's company. She needed someone to handle finance and books. She offered the job and Hermione gladly took it knowing that the expenses throughout her pregnancy would be expensive. Both women didn't notice that with time they turned to be best of friends. Ginny came along and the trio was inseparable.

"I have a name in mind," Hermione admitted. She looked down at her daughter and only one name suited her. "Alicia."

Pansy and Ginny's smiles were an indicator of their approval of the name.

"Alicia Diana Granger," Hermione concluded with a smile that no one had seen in months.

The glass that Pansy was holding slipped from her hand and shattered on the tiled floor of the private room. The sound caused Hermione and Ginny to look at her if she was okay but Ginny immediately turned to Hermione when she realized what caused Pansy's shock.

"You aren't going to give her his name?" Pansy asked, approaching the bed and ignoring the shattered glass on the floor. She was worried and concerned about the effects of Hermione's decision. Both Ginny and Pansy thought Hermione would give her child his name although after everything she went through they understood her decision.

"Pansy," Hermione started and sighed heavily. "He doesn't know about her so why bother?" She continued. She was trying to deny the child was his. Hermione looked at the shattered glass on the floor. The pieces resemble what was once who she was.

Pansy understood the reason but to keep something so important from Draco was something she couldn't imagine. Pansy was about to voice out her opinion but Ginny had spoken. "Good point. That child is your salvation." Ginny waved her wand and the shattered glass was mended and levitated back on the table.

Ginny was right of course. Despite the pain, maybe Alicia will be Hermione's salvation. Maybe in time Hermione would change her mind and let Draco meet their daughter. Time would tell but the apprehensions of revealing Alicia's father would further complicate things. A child born out of wedlock would cause a stir. The Prophet would have a field day if found out.

Draco was also her friend but his stupidity has reached a level she couldn't begin to comprehend. Nothing would have been so complicated if it wasn't for his stupid and rash decision. When Pansy had thought Draco changed she was wrong it seems that the past kept on haunting his decisions. She had thought he would fight for her and throw away the wedding. Anger bubbled inside when Draco asked Blaise to be his best man and her to be one of Astoria's bridesmaids. The couple grew fond of Hermione when she started to work for Hermione and Draco knew that still, he had the gall to show up at the Zabini home and personally invite them to be part of the entourage.

Furious, Pansy almost punched the bastard but Blaise had caught her and stopped her assault. They scoffed and rejected his invitation but the parents were adamant about accepting the Malfoy heir's invitation. Being children from pureblood families they had to show up. War or no war social standing was still important according to the parents. Pansy was reluctant so was Blaise but seeing that their lives were still under their parent's magnifying glass they couldn't object. Draco got what he wanted.