IX: An Unlikely Unison

Start from the beginning

"What?! But they said they'd be home before your birthday." I say.

"I don't really care if they're here for my birthday or not, twit. Just get home." I roll my eyes.

"Fine. Yes. Will do. I'll get right on that, boss." I retort, before I hear a beeping at the end of the tone indicating that the call has now ended. I sigh, slumping down in my seat a little further as I relax myself a little.

I feel a pair of eyes on me, so I immediately look to the only thing that could possibly have seeing balls sitting on either side of their nose in the room and glare at him.
"Problem?" I say, raising my eyebrows. The boy stares at me a little more before widening his eyes and shaking his head and hands.

"N-No. Sorry." I hear him say. He turns back to face the front. For a moment I'm astonished at how one moment he can sass me and the next he fears me more than death itself.

I shake my head, returning back to my phone. I can't bloody wait until detention is over.

-•0•-

"I don't want this happening again, you two. Mikasa this is your last warning. I don't want you leaving the school but you better clean up your act. Eren I don't want you getting involved again. Now go." I nod my head, grunting as I roll my eyes and take a step toward the door in a very dramatic notion. I latch my fingers onto the cold bronze handle and twist it, yanking the door open and swinging it forward, stepping into the very eerie and cold hallway. The lights are off, and all classrooms are locked.
Both the new kid and the principal follow suit, stepping outside of the classroom and heading for the exit. I push the doors to the school open, and get hit with a blast of cold air - sometimes I wonder if this town has solid seasons at all.
Remaining almost indifferent about the cold night air, I walk toward the gates of the school and leave in a hurry, making haste to get out of this unbelievably stupid weather.
Completely ignoring the idiotic reject behind me, I start on my way home, pulling out both my phone and earphones. Sticking the small rubber buds in my ears in a swift motion, I plug the ends in and select a song, letting the words blast through my eardrums as the drums and electric guitars erode my ears. Now that I can no longer hear the single set of footsteps behind me, I walk faster, blocking the pathetic twerp out as I walk down the dark grey path. The wind blows haphazardly against my body frame, almost threatening to blow my scarf away. I tighten it around my cheeks.

After about ten minutes, both I and Jäger come to crossroads between our houses and the small group of druggies that roam these streets on a daily basis. I hate these fucking jerks. Since it's about five-thirty at night, this is the time when gangs and drunks come out of hiding, simply because that's when all the cops are at home playing happy families. They're 'too busy' to cuff 'em.
I keep my eyes on them as I walk at a slightly faster pace, although completely unnoticeable to the public eye. Their eyes land on me, and I watch in disgust as their leader runs his horny eyes over my body. I feel the need to throw up - sick bastards.
Soon the rest - about four or five of them - all follow suit, their eyes scanning over my body in an almost greedy like fashion. They need to lay off the crack.
Pausing my music in order to actually hear what they are saying, my ears immediately hear language almost as foul as the poles stuck up their asses as both profanities and wolf whistles are sent my way. I scowl.
"Hey babe, wanna come over an' have some fun?" I hear one of them say, and I just narrow my eyes at them. No fucking way.
"Come on over 'ere an' chill wid us!" I keep walking, ignoring their snide comments as I make my way closer and closer to home.
"Nice legs honey, when do they open!?" I hear snickers from behind me but keep walking, although I can hear their footsteps getting louder and louder.
"C'mon babe!" I hear another gruff voice say. I look over my shoulder, and notice that the new kid is completely and utterly un-involved in this situation.
Bastards. They're looking for some head, and a guy certainly ain't gonna give'em that.
"Naww, don't run away! We know ya wanna stay sweet cheeks." I pull my scarf up further around my face.