Oh, Chapman

Okay. So I wake up and guess what the first thing I hear is. The goddamn lady under me is fucking snoring. What a great way to start off my day.

Sorry for always sounding like an asshole. I swear I'm not always like this.

I didn't get to properly introduce myself. So here you go. My name is Dakota McKyle and I am 19 years old. I have long, brown hair that I always wear up in a ponytail. I have more of a tomboy kind of style to me. I have dark blue/grey eyes. And um, well, I don't know what else to say honestly. So there is a short description, I guess, for you.

Anyways, here is how my first day went.

I get up off the bunk and grab my stuff to go shower with. Those fucking beds are harder than a rock! As I head to the shower I see this crazy bitch in the hallway. She has her hair in little buns on top of her head and she keeps smacking herself. I just look away and keep walking.

Once I reach the showers, the line is a pretty decent length, but it is moving at a good rate. Once I am able to get in an open shower, I take my clothes off and just hop in. I don't get why so many people always act so shy. It's like get your clothes off, get in the shower, wash your nasty ass off, get out, and get done. Plain and simple. You just waste more time by hesitating.

I get out, walk over to a sink, and fix my hair.

"I'm guessing you like to air dry, too?" this blonde chick asks me.

"Kind of, I guess. Considering that; one, the towels here suck, two, my skin is better if I do, and three, I didn't even get a towel, I would say yeah."

"That's what the last girl said when I asked her, except without the last part," she responded while smirking.

"Last girl? Guessing she got out."

"No, she got sent to MAX."

"Oh. What did she do?"

"She was holding contraband in her bunk; marijuana, cigarettes, a lighter, and even a Jolly Rancher shank."

"Jesus, this bitch must have a problem."

"Yeah, she does. But not because of that," She said. When I didn't respond she added, "She stole my money because she was suppose to be getting out."

"How is that even possible?"

"Long story."

I was just about to leave when the blonde chick spoke again.

"By the way, my names Chapman. Piper Chapman."

"McKyle. Dakota McKyle." And I left.

After a while, I go to "work". My job was to sew underwear for women, or as everyone else liked to call them, "panties".

I sit down in my assigned seat. No wonder people always called school prison. It is exactly like prison; assigned seats, no touching, ask for permission to do things.

There is this old lady, Mexican chick, and another girl who, I am guessing, is a lesbian.

"Well, welcome to heaven. I'm Boo. Such a pleasure to meet you," the lesbian says. Sounds like she is just being nice, right? Well, thats not how it sounded to me. It sounded like a rapist in a van trying to get you to by candy.

"And I'm Flaca," the Mexican chick butts in.

"Wait a minute. Do you mean like Waka Flaka?" I can't help but laugh.

"Bitch," she said under her breath and went back to working.

"Let me ask you this, why the fuck are we making underwear? And why are we making underwear that is a whole lot better than our fucking granny panties? I'm surprised no one has smuggled these out for their own use."

Everyone at the table just looks at each other.

"What? Did I say something offensive?"

"No. No. But if you want some underwear, go talk to Chapman." Boo responded.

I look over and see her. She is looking back at me. I feel as though she has been watching me for a while considering the way she is looking at me. I just look away, again, minding my own business.

When I arrive at lunch, I am standing behind someone with long, dark hair and glasses. She has her glasses pushed back, keeping her hair out of her face. I can hear her talking to what seems to be Boo. I can't help but listen.

"That bitch is insane. First, she cheats on me with the kangaroo. Then, she gets her thrown into MAX. Great job, Chapman! Way to make her like you even more!"

I can't help but butt in.

"Sorry to intrude, but are you talking about Chapman? She told me that another girl got thrown into MAX for contraband."

"Did she tell you the rest?" the one with glasses asks.

"Wait, there's more to the story?"

"Aw, hun. You got a lot to catch up on. Come sit with us," Boo says and I obey.

The girl with glasses tells me everything. She also told me her name is Alex Vause.

I can't believe what Chapman did. That just goes to show you should trust no bitch.

"So, I never got to ask. What is your name?" Alex questions.

"Dakota McKyle."

"That's a nice name. What are you in here for?"

"Well, that's a pretty long story."

"Don't worry, I'm not going anywhere."