XlX

July 11, 2015
5:00pm
Marian POV
_______________________________________________
Right thing

                   Long story short. I didn't go.

August basically had a leash on me the whole night and wouldn't let me go anywhere. He insisted he trusted me, but he thought my feelings would over power or some other stuff.

Truth be told, I wasn't gonna go if he didn't want me to. I care too much for him to go behind his back and do something like that.

Instead we just went out on our own date to celebrate our one day anniversary, weird right? It was my idea. We had a pretty good time. We ended up going to our favorite restaurant winch was Applebee's.

As of right now I sit here reading a book.
"Harlan Cobens" (Shelter" fills my thoughts. I'm coming towards the end of the book and it's getting really good Mikey's dad has disappeared and he's out looking for him along with his best friend spoon and Ema.

It's a mystery book and Love it. Mystery has to be my favorite genre.

I grab my phone and casually text Chris back, we've been having normal conversations. He apologized AGAIN I may add, this has to be the 3rd time and I told him it's fine.

I understand where he was coming from, I've known Chris for too long.

Getting up I set the book down on my bed and grab my keys.

Miss Westly and her daughter made their way into my mind, I haven't talked to them since I gave them money on the side of the street.

Putting on my rainbow flip flops and heading out the door, I get in my jeep.

Volunteering at Key & opel every chance I get. It's a rehabilitation place for people who are going through hard times

The homeless, addicts, pregnant young girls you name it they help it.

"Ciara's" I bet rings through my speakers as I drive down the street, this is Chris's ringtone for reasons that are pretty obvious

I stop at a red light and answer, hooking it up to my radio. "Yes?" I ask as I answer

"That's no way to greet me Grace" he laughs, using my middle name

I laugh with him. "Shut up big head, what do you want?" I question

"Why you being so mean for? You little side nigga with you?" He asks

"Chris I will hang up" I say hovering over the cancel button

"Im just playing, all jokes over here. Anyway I'm having some of my art work shown at the Harvey and inc. museum downtown and I was wondering if you wanted to go with me. You know like old times" he laughed

I'll never forget our first time there together. We were fourteen and his parents and took us to the museum.

That was the first time we kissed. In that museum it was simple and innocent, but still our first one a light peck.

My heart skips a beat "yeah I remember" I reply.

We both have a deep love for art and that's never gonna change:

"Only for the art work" I smile

"Yeah right" he laughs. "It's gonna be Friday night, so the 13th"

"Only two days? Hmm what if I had something to do?" I joked

"You don't." He stated, I could imagine him giving me a goofy face right now.

Pulling into the parkway of Key & opel I park my car and turn it off.

"I gotta go, talk to you later" I say

"Bye Mrs.Brown" and with that he hangs up, he thinks he's slick.

I grab my side purse that's wrapped around my torso and walk inside.

I'm instantly greeted with a bunch of love.

"Hey Marian!"
"We missed you"
"Where you been?"
"I see you gotta new boo, seen you on August Alsinas instagram"

I laugh at the comments being thrown at me and reply to a few.

Walking up to the front desk I see Jason

"Heeey sexy" he smiles, coming around to give me a hug.

"Hey love, how you been?" I question

"Same ole, same ole been missing your MIA self, Michelle been telling me some stuff about you since you can't call anyone" he replies, Michelle is his cousin

"I'm sorry love just been really busy" I laugh

"Yeah yeah too good for us" he rolls his eyes playfully

"Never!! Y'all my A1's since Day one" I smile again "but I have a question to ask you, have you seen Miss Wesley?"

"Yeah she was up here the other day, we helped find her and her cutie pie of a daughter a home and a job, she's been doing really good actually" my heart smiles at the gesture, I helped someone out.

"I just wanted to check up, mind giving me their address?" I ask Jason taping on the marble wood

"Yeah sure it's 1307 maple ave" he stats handing me a card. "Tell them I said Hey"