Chapter 2 Mycroft

>>>Bella's POV<<<

John looked worried when I finished talking, "What did he do to you besides hitting you?" He asked with a worried look. I took a deep breath then said ,"He would kick me and hit me and whip me and wouldn't give me food for a week straight." I said with a tear running down my face.

"Where did he whip you?" John asked I shook the blanket off and turned around and lifted my shirt to show him my cuts. He gasped at the sight. "Does it hurt?" He asked. "Do you mind if I put something on it to make it heal?" I shook my head as an answer to the second question and he left the room and returned with a tube of antibiotic ointment and bandages. "This may hurt at first but I promise I will help the pain." He said as he rubbed some into the first cut and I winced in pain. He put a bandage over it and went onto the next one. After he was all done with the bandaging I turned back around and yawned looking at Sherlock. "I'm tired." I said and he scooped me up into his arms careful not to touch my back. He took me to his bedroom and laid me down covering me up with his blanket. I was already asleep when he left the room.

>>>Sherlock's POV<<<

I walked back into the sitting room and sat in my chair, John sitting in the one across from me, "So who is her mother?" He asked.

"Zoey Marie." I said plainly. Then with more emotion than I usually say things I said, "She was my girlfriend and I loved her she was the reason I stopped doing drugs. She wrote me a note." I said handing him the note, he read it then handed it back to me with a sympathetic look, "I'm sorry Sherlock." He said. I got up pulling out my phone, "What are you doing?" He asked.

"Going to chew out Mycroft!" I replied, " I'll be outside for a while if you need me." And with that I left the room headed downstairs and outside grabbing my coat on the way. I dialed the number and it rang a couple of times before someone picked up. "Hello Mycroft Holmes' personal assistant." Said a woman

"Anthea, Where is Mycroft? I need to speak with my brother." I said to her.

"He's in a meeting sir.",

"When will he be out of the meeting ?"

"I don't know sir"

"When he gets out of the meeting tell him his brother needs to talk to him."

"Will do sir."

"Oh and stop with the 'sir'." I said annoyed.

"Okay Sherlock"

"Goodbye." I said as I hung up and went back inside.

>>>THE NEXT DAY<<<

About an hour after I woke up I heard Bella crying and calling for me. I ran into my bedroom to see her with tears running down her face. I walked over to her and sat down on the bed and she wrapped her arms around me, she started sobbing into my chest. "Bella, what's wrong?" I asked. She looked up at me and said, "It was him, it was Ben, Mummy's brother. I was with him again and hurt me again."

I hugged her tighter "He will never hurt you again. I will make sure of it." I said. She hugged me and I felt her tears create wet spots on my shirt. When she let go of me my phone rang. "I have to take this you can come if you want." I said and she looked at me and held her arms up to me indicating that she wanted to come with me. I picked her up and answered my phone,"Hello brother."

"Hello brother mine. What did you call for yesterday. Normally I call you."

"Zoey Marie. Ring a bell?" I asked and Bella rested her head on my shoulder, her smile fading at the mention of her mother's name.

"Yes, she was your old girlfriend wasn't she?" He asked sounding clueless.

"Don't act all clueless." I said angrily, "You know she..." I trailed off.

"She what Sherlock. She died and had a daughter?" He said like I should have known what had happened to her.

"Why didn't you tell me about Bella? And send a car I want to talk to you in person."

"Okay I'm sending Anthea and a car now."

I ended the call and looked at the little girl in my arms. "You want to come with me?" I asked. She eagerly nodded her head and I set her down and she ran to get dressed. She came out wearing one of the new outfits that John had bought for her the night before. "Beautiful!" I exclaimed with a smile.

"Daddy where are we going exactly?" She asked her eyes full of curiosity.

"To see my brother." I explained, "I think the car is here." I said picking her up, grabbing her new coat and scarf, they were just like mine, I also grabbed my coat and scarf and she took my hand and we walked outside.

>>>Bella's POV<<

We walked outside and were greeted by a big black car. We got inside and there was a beautiful woman staring down at her phone. She looked up at me and smiled, "Hello, I'm Anthea. And may I ask who you are?" She asked. I nodded.

"I'm Bella. And is Anthea your real name" I said.

"Smart girl. It's nice to meed you Bella." She said and went back to her phone.

The car started moving and in about 15 minutes it stopped. "We're here." Anthea said getting out of the car. Sherlock got out next and I followed him. I reached up and grabbed his hand and we walked into the brick building. Sherlock led me to a room it the back. Inside was a man who didn't look very nice, he had red hair and resting on his chair was a black umbrella, he showed no emotion. I started deducing. Man possibility in his mid forties, carries the umbrella around everywhere must have sentimental value, suit clean and almost no creases, must be very OCD due to the fact that the things on his desk are perfectly organized. This must be dad's brother by the way they look at each other. He cares but doesn't show it

My thoughts were interrupted by the man as he stared to talk to my father I listened in while pretending to be occupied with my scarf. I sat in a chair listening to their conversation.

"Why didn't you tell me about Zoey or that I had a daughter?" Sherlock questioned the man.

"To protect you Sherlock."

"Protect me from what Mycroft, happiness? A family?" Ah so that's his name, Mycroft .I thought to myself. "Bella come on we're leaving." He said, I looked up and nodded. I got out of my chair. We headed out side walking past the car and Sherlock hailed a cab and we went home.