three

"What was that about?" Michael asked as Calum left the cafeteria. He curiously looked at me after he sat down. "Do you have something against Calum or something?" I just shrugged not knowing how to answer.

Basically, he stole my best friend. Me and Ashton were pretty close other than the fact that he completely hated my brother, Jack. Well everyone hates him. Even me. He found out I was gay and was a little weirded out but accepted me. Then Calum came along and persuaded Ashton to hate me.

"Just some past drama stuff. It doesn't even matter anymore." I explained, looking at Michael and noticed he was staring. I shifted a bit under his gaze that he didn't seem to move.

"Well it does matter if he doesn't want to sit with you." He furrowed his eyebrows slightly, still watching me and it made me very uncomfortable.

"Well, its not like I'm gonna be friends with him." I stated. Michael nodded slowly and finally realized I was uncomfortable under his stare. He shifted his gaze to the floor.

I grabbed my notebook I always write in and went back to my drawing I had worked on during class. I didn't buy lunch seeing as I wasn't hungry but Michael gotten pizza. I felt Michael's gaze on me again and glared at him. I find it hard to concentrate when people watch me. I don't know why.

"Well, this conversation is very awkward. I'm just gonna go." Michael said, grabbing his tray and started standing up. Panic ran through me and it made me realize I was kinda using Michael.

"Wait!" I called out. "Please stay?" Michael shrugged and sat back down. I looked around trying to see if he was near. Sure enough Jack was heading his way right towards us. I hurriedly closed my notebook and watched him walk over.

"Ahh. Look here. Lukey found a new buddy." I cringed at his nickname and he noticed, giving me an amused expression. He turned to Michael saying, "You don't wanna know what happened to the other one."

"What did you do?" Panic was clear in my voice as it rose through my body more.

"Look I'm just protecting you." Jack chuckled and punched my shoulder in a 'brotherly' manner but I was sensitive so it hurt. He turned back to Michael. "You see, Lukey here is gay so I'm protecting him from being heart broken." A surprised expression showed on Michael's face and he shifted in his seat.

"I'm asexual. I wouldn't do anything with Luke." Michael told him and it made Jack burst with laughter. A pained expression showed on his face.

"Sure you are, buddy." Jack patted Michael's back and left after winking at him. He rolled his eyes and looked down.

"I didn't know you were asexual." I stated the obvious because we literally just met. I wanted to find out more about Michael. I don't know why.

"I didn't know you were gay." He shrugged and picked at his food. I nodded awkwardly and opened my notebook again.

Soon enough lunch was over and Michael and I went our separate ways. I think he went to Spanish I'm not sure but I had math. I was decently good at math considering my mom is a math teacher. Doesn't mean I like math though. I kinda hate it.