The Start

I reached into my pocket to find some extra change, if I was lucky I might find the dollar I need to buy the pack of gummy worms I love so much. My breath hitched as I felt something cold hard flat and round. I let out a sigh of relief when I pulled out the dollar to complete my purchase. I handed the man my money, he rung it up on his machine and nodded to the gummy's on the counter. I carefully took them, making sure I didn't come off too desperate for sugar and calmly left the store. As soon as I was outside I tore open the pack and grabbed a red and white gummy and popped it in my mouth. I savoured the sweet sensation and started to walk back to my small house on the top of the hill. I didn't mind living there, after all it had a sweet little department store near the bottom of it and a great view of the town at the top, it was just the walking up the stupid drive way that drove my crazy. It could be because at times it was used as punishment, when I was a kid and I did something bad while I was in town with my mother would leave me at the bottom of the hill and told me that, "While you are working some of that weight off you can think about what you have done." And after all of that I decided I didn't like walking up hills anymore, actually exercise all together was on my do not do list. Before I reached the base of the hill I heard a loud bang. I nearly screamed from the fright it gave me, clutching my gummy worms closely to my chest for comfort I started to walk towards the ally way where the sound had come from. When I pocked my head around the brick corner I saw something strange and unbelievable. A man was standing over someone, Jenny from my sociology class, I had only talked to her once but she seemed like such a nice person. She was laying on the ground, fear spread across her face as she pleaded for her life. The man crouched down to her level and pulled something out that looked like a pepper spray bottle. He lightly squeezed it and a pink mist came out, Jenny passed out right then and there. The man put the bottle away and picked Jenny, flinging her over his shoulder like she was nothing. I watched as he turned around to face me, he had a mask over his mouth and nose which must have protected him from his own mist. He smoothly placed Jenny in the back of a black van and closed the doors to it. I didn't even see that there was a driver already in the front seat but the man in the mask had a brief conversation with him that I was just able to work out, "You take this one to the house while I hunt the next one." He had the most beautiful voice I had ever heard, it was cool and raspy. "You know you don't have to follow protocol, you have been doing this for decades, just grab the girl, throw her in the back with this one and we can save a hand full of time." The driver seemed annoyed at the masked man. "No, the town will be too rowdy and hard to handle if two girls go missing in the same day. I don't want them feeling as stupid as they are." At that I felt ashamed, not because I was a part of the town but because I was apart of the town and I was acting stupid by not call the police! I turned away from them and whipped out my phone and dialled 911. "Hello, what is you emergency?" before I could answer I felt something press against my mouth, shoving my head fiercely against the brick wall behind me. When I opened my eyes the masked man had pressed his hand against my mouth, preventing me from speaking, he grabbed the phone from beside my ear and answered for me, "Sorry there! I heard my something loud in my back yard and thought it was an intruder! Turns out it was just a couple raccoons, silly me!" I could hear the woman on the end of the line respond with a monotone voice and the man hung up. He looked me dead in the eye and said, "Well now, I guess I will have to break protocol."

######################################

That's it for now folks! feel free to comment!