Chapter 2

I exited out of the train station with my 2 redish-brown luggages full of clothes, blankets, and a pillow. On my back, I carried my black and brown camping bookbag that had my laptop and its equipment, one manga series of my favorites, a map, water, a few bags of food, my diary, and a couple other things I'll need. I was wearing blue jeans, my Jinx hoodie that was black, with clouds and slight pink and red bullets on my left side, with the word 'Jinx' in hot pink going across it. Under my hoodie was one of my favorite shirts. It was a brown t-shirt with 5 cookies toppled over each other, with the words "Raisin Cookies Are The Reason I Have Trust Issues". My shoes were just simple black combat boots. In my hoodie's pocket, I carried my phone, wallet, and the address to my new apartment.

My brother told me that he'll pay for the first few months for the apartment until I have a job to pay for it myself. Until then, I won't be worrying about paying rent for now, but I do need a job. I don't want my brother to be going through so much trouble for me. The sooner I find a job, the better.

I was walking down the street looking at the map from my pocket, when I heard a faint neighing sound coming from afar. "Must be the Headless Rider I heard about from Kanra", I thought. I continued walking down the street, looking for my address.

A few moments later, I walked into an alley, thinking that it could be a shortcut to my apartment, which resulted in only a dead end. I sighed, "Yup. I didn't want to admit it, but I'm lost. Damn it". I clicked my tongue with the roof of my mouth, making a'tch' sound. It was my first time using a map, so I didn't really know how to properly work around the area.

I turned around, only to be blocked by a small group of 3 men wearing yellow scarves around their body parts. One of them wore a scarf, wrapped around his head. The second one had a scarf on his wrist. The last one (which was the tallest) had only a yellow scarf on his neck. "Oh shit, the Yellow Scarves", I mumbled as I looked down. My black hair covering my dark eyes. I heard about them from Kanra. Sure, as annoying and gossipy 'she' might be, she can be pretty useful.

"Well hello there, pretty boy." The one with a scarf on his head said. I mentally cursed him for thinking I was a guy. I mean, I have a pretty larger bust size in Japan, but the baggy clothes that I mostly wear disguises it. "Give us your stuff" The tallest one of the group said, in a slight demanding tone.

Of course, me being me, I lifted my head and said "And if I don't?".

The moment I ended that phrase, they all pulled out pocket knives and went in a fighting stance. "You'll suffer the consequences". They all slowly started walking towards me. I kept backing away, until my bookbag hit the wall behind me. "Shit shit shit shit" I whispered to myself.

"Well isn't that unfair? Why don't you dimwits pick on somebody your own size?" An unknown voice called out. The small Yellow Scarves group turned around, looking at the one speaking. I looked past them to see a young man that might be slightly older than me with black hair and reddish-brown eyes. He wore a black coat that goes down to his hips, a hood the same color as his coat, with a lightly brown fur, lining the edges along with a plain black T-shirt, pants, and dark brown shoes. He had a devious smirk plastered onto his face. A shiver going down my spine when I looked at him.

"Yo yo, boss.. that's I-I-Izaya Orihara!" The man wearing yellow scarves on his wrists, having a scared look on his face, had said.

"Izaya Ori-what?" The tall man said. "Izaya Orihara!" The man's goons replied.

"I'm suprised you haven't heard of me.. Miho Furuta~." The man named 'Izaya' taunted, pulling out a pocket knife of his own, and pointing it at said 'Miho Furuta'. I snorted at that name. Miho is a feminine name, although, used in a sentence, one of its meanings is 'ear of rice', and 'Furuta'.. well.. it means 'old rice paddy'. "Does this mean his name is 'Old rice paddy ear of rice'?" I snickered, holding back my laugh.

"You! Shut the hell up! Or my boys will cut you, little boy!" Miho yelled to me. I despised the fact of him calling me a 'boy', but hell, I'll go with the role of the guy if I have to.. but that "little" part ticked me off. I looked down into the ground breathing heavily. Though, nobody could of heard me through all the ruckus, and the cars passing by in the streets. 

Both of Miho's goons grabbed on to me, one to each of my side. The one with the yellow scarf on his wrists had a knife to my throat while holding my left arm, which I was still holding on firmly on to my luggages on both hands. The other goon with the scarf wrapped around his head had both of his hands tightly around my arm.

"And you, Izaya. One step out of you, and I'll kill you along with this little boy", Miho said. I got angry. I hated it if someone were to call me little. Being called a boy was just the tip of the iceberg. "I'm. Almost. Fucking. 20. YOU ASSHOLE!" I yelled out.

My heart beat sped up and I bit the hand of the man who pointed his knife towards my neck, hard enough to make it bleed. Just as he removed his hand and staggered backwords using his other hand to stop the bleeding, I kneed the other guy in the baby maker. I then elbowed him on his back, causing him to stumble to the ground. As soon as the man with the knife recovered, I wacked him on the head with one of my luggages, making him drop his pocket knife, sending him into the cement wall making him faint. I dropped my luggages, grabbed the pocket knife that was on the ground and pointed it at Miho. I kept getting closer to him but stopping after I was two feet away from him.

"Never, ever, call me a little boy." I spat in the most threatening way that could scare the life out of a bear. Miho's eyes looked like it was about to pop out of their sockets. "Man.. if my looks could kill." I thought, smirking a little bit. 

I saw shock flash through Izaya's facial features, but just as quick as they came, that expression was switched to a mysterious and devious smirk. "It seems that it's 2 against 1. It's still not fair, but it was 3 against 1 a few moments ago." Izaya said, putting his left hand into his coat.

Seconds later, I see Izaya's arm move slightly, and heard a small blade cut through fabric. Slowly, Miho's pants fall down, revealing white boxers with bright read hearts all around it. "Hahahahaha..! That is so embarrassing!" I laughed, wiping off tears from my eyes.

Miho looks down to see that his pants are down, he cries out a simple "ahh!", and grabs his pants to pull it higher. "Forget you assholes!" Miho yelled as he ran away.

I found a garbage bin and threw the pocket knife into it, and walked back down to the alley to grab my luggages. I looked back at Izaya staring at me. "Uhh.. hello?" I asked, uncertain as to why he's staring at me.

"Hellooo~" Izaya chuckled.

"Uh.. T-Thank you for uhm... helping me with that gang, Orihara-san."

"You're welcome~." Izaya replied, grinning. I started to walk away, luggages in my hand, until I remembered something. "Oh! Before I forget, do you think you know where to find.. this address?" I pulled out the piece of paper that was in my hoodie pocket and showed it to Izaya. 

"Indeed, I do." 

"..."

"..."

"So.. can you show me the way?" I asked.

"Of course. Follow me~" His chesire grin reached ear to ear. Izaya started walking the opposite direction of where I was heading, leading me to my new apartment.

~*~

A/N: Started chapter at 07/12/2015, 5:47pm. Ended chapter at 07/13/2015 1:43am. (Procrastinating too much .-.)

Oh, by the way, for anyone who reads this, I don't update everytime I finish a chapter. I update when I have AT LEAST finished 2 chapter, so that if I update late, I have another chapter waiting for you guys! :D

[Chapter Edited]

[Chapter Edited Update: 05/31/2016]

[Chapter Edited Update: 09/15/2017 11:17pm]

[Chapter Edited Update: 09/16/2017 12:03pm]