VIII.

"Correct." I responded with a nod, for acknowledgement.

"Follow me please. . ." He began and walked out from the podium towards the western part of the restaurant.

I smiled at Mina before I pulled her along next to me and followed the reservationist.

She wasn't acting like her usual self, she avoided eye contact with me and ignored me when I tried to whisper cute things in her ear, which made me sad because I just wanted to make her happy.

When we arrived at the table the reservationist smiled at us and handed us our menus once we were seated. He told me about the specials and the appetizers, but declined to say anything to Mina.

"Your server should be here soon, enjoy your meal." The younger man smiled at us once more before he scurried off in the other direction.

I scanned the menu nonchalantly, my eyes flickering between the lasagna and Mina's beautiful facial features. Even though she wasn't smiling she was still absolutely stunning.

"Mina is everything alright?" I cleared my throat and brushed my fingers over my gelled hair.

"Everything is fine, I just can't decide between the spaghetti and the alfredo." She glanced at me and shot me a quick smile.

I was completely mesmerized by her charming smile and her beautiful chocolate irises that sparkled every time she spoke. Her crimson lips enticed me every time she smiled a toothless grin, I just wanted to kiss her and love her in anyway I could.

"I think I'm gonna get the lasagna because it sounds good." I looked back down at the menu and then back at her.

"Sounds wonderful. I'm gonna head to the powder room, but if the waiter comes by please tell him I'd like a glass of water and the spaghetti."

"Alright, don't be gone too long." I shot her a flirty wink and set my menu down on the table.

During the time Mina was away (which was for quite awhile) the waiter came by and took my order and Mina's order that I gave to him. By the time she got back our food had been delivered and I had finished half of my salad and half of my lasagna.

"What took you so long?" I inquired, feeling a bit annoyed that she had missed most of our date.

"I ran into an old friend in the restroom." The lie slipped casually out of her mouth.

If she really would've seen her friend, doesn't she think I would've seen the "friend" walk out the same time as her, or even go in after her?

I could see the ladies restroom perfectly from our booth, no one entered after her, no one walked out after her.

"Lovely." I grumbled under my breath.

The rest of the date was silent, I didn't say a word to Mina and she didn't say a word to me.

I won't lie, I was dumbfounded. I was completely and utterly dumbfounded; the way she could lie to my face and not care at all.

This definitely wasn't the same Mina I once knew.

_   _   _

"I had a great time Justin, I really did. Thank you for everything."

"See you around." I began to turn and walk towards the stairs, but just as I did Mina called my name.

"Justin. . . Justin wait. Would you like to come in for a moment, for some coffee?"

I nodded in response and turned around, stepping to the side of her to reenter the house, looking around momentarily before I took a seat back in the armchair.