Chapter 16: Fighting for you

Lucy P.O.V

Weeks had gone by, but just a few days ago we heard the news from a Fairy Tail spy, that Morin was close to the planes. Natsu and the rest of the strongest guilds, were sure to be ready. They had been training none stop, Natsu would come to my place bruised, and tired. But I knew he was fighting for his home town.

Dear mom

Right now, we are on our way to the planes. We have been traveling for hours. The master had arranged for 20 cariges to take us. Me and Natsu had to travel seperated, as he needed to be in the masters carige, to discuss the battle plan. So, here I am traveling with Gray, and lying on the carige floor, covered with blankets.

I stopped writing. I shivered and looked up at Gray who was playing with a piece of hay.

"Hey Gray, were are we?"

He opened the carige curtin to look outside. A gush on freezing cold wind hit me, and i felt sick.

"Ha, looks like we are traveling through the Snowy Mountains." He said with his gruff voice.

"Close it Gray!"

I started to cough frantically. He rushed over to me and placed his cold hand on my forehead, I winced at the cold.

"You have a fever."

"I'm freezing!" I cried out.

He sighed, "You need body heat..."

"Well do something!" I shouted.

"Lucy! I'm an ice-make mage. My body temperature is always cold, I'll make you worse. Uhhmm, hold on." He got up and opened the curtain.

He leaned out the carige and shouted over the wind, " Hey! Flame brain!"

Gray P.O.V

"Hey! Flame brain!" He didn't respond.

Idiot! Lucy is sick! Answer me damn it!

I tried again, "Natsu You idiot!"

I stuck his stupid pink hair out of the curtain, "What Gray!?" He shouted.

"Lucy needs you! Like now!" I shouted back.

"Okay! I'm coming!"

A few minutes later, him and Happy flew over to our carige. He landed inside with a thud. The caridge shook and i bumbed my head. I rubbed my bruise.

"Damn, you are going to break this thing! Wheres your motian sickness?" I asked.

"Wendy took care of it." He rushed over to Lucy. She was pale and breathing heavily.

"What's wrong with her?" He askeded.

"She is cold. If she doesn't get warm soon, she's going to get worse. And i can't help her."  I said.

He shrugged, "Okay, so what must I do?"

"Seriously!? Are you really that stupid? Lay next to her!" I shouted.

Natsu P.O.V

"I can do that!" I said. I have done it before.

"With your shirt off." Gray said.

"I cant do that!"

"Natsu, your body temperature is always warm right?"

"Yeah." I responded.

"Well, its a fact that skin touching skin, is warmer than clothes. So you have two options here, either you both don't wear shirts, or you just don't wear one." He said folding his arms.