Everything comes back to Eichen.

Malia's POV

'What the hell' I asked myself. 'How do you function this?!'

Stiles had given me a smart phone a few weeks ago. All I knew was to call and text. How was I supposed to know you needed 'Wi-Fi' to look something up?! I shaked and banged the phone on my hands in frustration.

'Creak'

My dad - Adoptive dad - was exiting his room. I smelled anxiety and stress on him. I slowly followed his moves down stairs with my eyes. Still following the floor even when I couldn't see him anymore.

"Hey, I'm calling about Malia. She doesn't talk to me much, an-and she's very secretive with her friends. I mean I get it, she's a teenager. But does a teenager not even introduce her friends to her parents? Not even once? Or ignore her parents when they haven't seen each other in eight years?!" He practically shouted. He had walked out to the front of the house. I couldn't tell who he was talking to until I heard a low, groggy, British voice on the other end.

"I understand. So, when are you planning to register her in?" The man asked. I knew him only as 'Herald' he was my therapist. He tried to help me 'interact' with people and my father after they found me. Even though I wouldn't talk to anyone 'Herald' seemed really suspicious, so I trusted him even less.

"Tomorrow morning. I want to do this as soon as I can." My dad responded to the old man's question.

"Don't you think that's too soon, Henry?" Herald questioned with his British accent making me cringe.

"I want to do what's best for her." My father responded in low voice looking around, as if he somehow knew I was listening.

"Well then, I better call Eichen immediately." Herald answered my fathers worried tone.

Eichen House. He wants to put me in...... Eichen House again?!

I quickly rose from my bed, and on reflex grabbed my knitted sweater on my desk chair and slipped it on. I walked over to my bedroom door and shut it. I opened a drawer to grab my red backpack and ran to my wardrobe. I quickly picked out a couple pajamas, two or three outfits, and my blue denim jacket. I zipped the bag up as fast as I could, and pulled it on my back . I then ran to the entrance of my room.

My brown combat boots were there and I pushed them onto my feet. I kicked the open wardrobe blocking the window and jumped onto the window sill. I slowly slid the window open. I turned to stare at the door.

"Anytime Dad. Just come in here and tell me everything will be okay." I whispered to myself.

I stared at the shining moon and the peacefulness of nature at night. Then I jumped. All of a sudden I was in front of my house. I quickly glanced at my open window before I began to run.

A few minutes later I heard a faint shout.

"MALIA!" I heard my dad yell.

I sopped in an instinct. I turned around.

"I'm sorry Dad." I whispered as I let a tear escape. I turned quickly and began my journey again.

I stopped when I was in front of a too familiar house. I ran to the side of the home. I climbed onto a tree right outside a window I have been through way to many times. I quietly pulled the window open, and slid inside. There he was, sitting at his desk. He was listening to really loud music on his headphones, he hadn't noticed I had entered. He was happily drumming on his desk with his fingers. I was reaching out to tap his shoulder, when he suddenly swiveled his chair around.

Stiles POV

I was studying for a English test when my favorite song came on. Drumming of the fingers was definitely necessary. I was about to break into dance, but as I turned around I saw a torso in my face, which scared the shit out of me, so I panicked. I fell out of my chair, hitting my head on the the side of my wardrobe.

"Ma-Malia?!" I asked rubbing my now throbbing head. She quickly ran to my side. I noticed her back bag as I stood up and regained balance.

"What are you doing here? Its like one in the morning!" I stated quite quietly considering my dad was just across the hall.

"What are you doing?" she asks looking at my headphones then at my computer then back at me.

"Studying? Uh-" I said awkwardly,

"I'm sorry. I had nowhere to go. I just had to leave." she says walking towards me.

I slowly walked towards her until she could sink her head into my chest. I wrapped my arms around her waist firmly. Letting her know she was safe.

"Your always welcome here." I told her as I lifted her chin and kissed her forehead. She was cold. Freezing. You didn't need werewolf senses to know that. All she was wearing was a brown tang top, black track shorts, a thin white knitted sweater and her brown combat boots. Her hair was in a messy bun. Messier than intended. But even if she wasn't trying, she still looked beautiful.

I intwined our fingers and led her to my bed. I sat her down across from me and pulled her legs to wrap them around my waist. I sat crisscrossed under her legs. I grabbed my jacket from my bedpost and pulled it over her. She leaned in and once again sunk her face into my chest. Her phone began buzzing.

"It's my dad." she said ignoring the call.

"You aren't going to answer that?" I asked suspiciously.

"No. 'Cause right now, all I want is this." She responded.

She wrapped her arms around my neck and passionately kissed me. I tightly gripped her waist and couldn't help but smile. Yeah, this is all I want too.