Chapter 5

Chapter 5 "Don't hurt my friend" 

Justin's POV*

It's been two days since my argument with Priscilla. I do feel a little guilty about what I said to her but it's just so frustrating with Priscilla. It's like I can never get her to fully trust me or open up to me about anything. These past few days, Priscilla hasn't stopped trying to talk to me. Leaving about 100 messages on my phone each day, calling my house continuously, calling out my name whenever she sees me in school. I love her, I really do but things just feel different now. I don't know why but they just do. 

The only person that has really been there me these few days is Kendra. The night of me and Priscilla's argument, I felt really down and I decided I should text Kendra, considering how genuinely concerned about me she seemed. And ever since then, we haven't stopped texting each other and we've grown a lot closer. 

"Justin, snap out of it! This is the 4th time I've had to say that!" I got out my daze only to lock eyes with April, one of my best friends. 

We were having lunch together in school together, as Priscilla wasn't in school today, April was able to have lunch with me. I didn't get angry that April stuck by Priscilla's side through this, I mean, they are the best friends in the whole world. And anyways, April promised to still be my friend but she did say that Priscilla was her number one priority, which I understood completely. 

"Sorry aps, it's just that I've got a lot on my mind lately..." I apologized. 

"Dude... You have to just get out this funk and make up with Pris! You guys are both obviously miserable without each other and truthfully, I hate you guys not being together. It just doesn't feel right." She stated, almost as if giving a command. 

This was just how April was. Caring yet direct. 

"I don't know... I mean I love Pris, you know I do. Heck it, the whole world knows I do. But sometimes I think that it's Priscilla who doesn't know. I just feel like she never trusts me enough to talk to me, it's been that way even way before we started dating. I've tried so hard these years to open up her shell but it just won't budge. And you know what, April? I'm tired! I'm just sick and tired of this, and of her!" I yelled, not realizing how furious I had become. 

Suddenly, all eyes were on me in the cafeteria and it was absolute silence. Then, I took one look at April and she looked absolutely horrified. 

"I...I'm sorry aps, I didn't mean to yell at you." I said softly. 

April just pulled me back down to my seat and ordered everyone in the cafeteria to mind their own business. 

"Whatever, I don't care that you yelled at me and I don't even care that you made the biggest scene in the cafeteria, ever. I only care about one thing you said..." She murmured.

"What do you mean you're sick of Pris? Like... Are you gonna break up with her or something?" She continued, her face written with a mix of anger and concern.

Truthfully, I've been asking myself this question very often lately. I love Priscilla, I do, with all my heart. And I know she loves me too, with all her heart. But somehow that just didn't seem enough for us lately. 

"I gotta go April, see you around." I stated bluntly before walking away, ejecting her question.

April's POV* 

I can't believe Justin. What the hell is confusing him so much about his relationship with Priscilla?! I swear, if he breaks up with Priscilla, I'll kill him, I'll kill him and make it look a damn accident. There is no way I'm going to let him hurt Priscilla. No way. 

Then suddenly, something shook me out of my thoughts. 

A text popped up. 

"So, this Saturday at the movies right? See you then. ;)" 

I realized that it wasn't my phone, it was Justin's, he must have left it behind by accident. 

Then. I spat out my drink when I saw the contact who sent him that text.

Kendra. 

That girl who Priscilla introduced to us during lunch... Why the hell are these two going to the movies on Saturday?! 

Then, everything came together like a jigsaw puzzle. 

Kendra is definitely not the girl we thought she is.

Kendra's POV* 

The reason why I don't hang out with Justin frequently in school is because I wouldn't want people, especially, Priscilla or April, to get suspicious of anything or it could ruin the plan.

That's why I had to text him 24/7 to ensure he and Priscilla didn't reconcile and won't get a chance to. And obviously Justin didn't object, I mean, come on, the guy's heart-broken and oh so vulnerable, he would do anything to get his mind off Priscilla.  

And this Saturday, I was definitely going to use his vulnerability to my advantage. 

AUTHOR'S NOTE :

I honestly hate seeing Priscilla and Justin like this... Urgh you have no idea how hard it is to write about them in this state, I literally ship them so much together. Who else does?! Team Pristin, anybody? And what do you think about April? I personally think she's a pretty cool character and definitely a keeper in this book. Don't cha guys think so? 

What do you guys think Kendra's going to do? Will Pristin last or will someone call quits? Should I put in a character to play Justin's best guy friend? 

Until next time! x