Chapter 7- Principal's Office

RECAP:

"Why are you laughing?" I ask as I re-do my hair, no biggie, it takes 10 seconds.

"It's so cute! It's so obvious but you can't see it!" She laughs and I slowly back away jokingly, only to have CC follow me. She looks like she's about to yell but the voice of a teacher calls us to the center of the hall.

"New face, who're you?" She asks gruffly, long red hair tied in a tight ponytail.

"Alice, Miss."

"Nice to meet you, I'm Miss. Ace. Something easy people! Dodge ball!" She shouts out. A few people groan whereas I jump slightly and let out a small squeal.

"I love dodge ball!" I say excitedly to CC who looks at me like I'm mad.

"You'd be the first." She grumbles, Ms. Ace hands her a red sash which she slides over her body. Damn, that means I'm not on her team.

"Sashes to the left, plain to the right. No hitting in the face or privates, losers do laps, go!" Ms. Ace yells, and I run to grab one of the white dodge balls. Narrowly missing two, thrown by CC and Mark, who are both wearing red sashes across their bodies.

"Oh it is so on!" I yell, lobbing a ball at CC.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I chuckle to myself as I enter the house, Mark and CC had to run laps because their team lost, the best part, I was the one that got them out. Throwing my keys on the dining room table, I look at the clock, 4:30, whoa, it took me a while to get home today. No doubt Mum and Dad won't be home until at least 9pm, so I lie on he couch, lazily watching TV and eventually falling asleep.

*

"Alice? Alice!" My Mum's voice wakes me up from a non-existent dream. "Were you in a vision?" She asks angrily, well, someone's not happy.

"Huh? No, I just fell asleep on the couch, why?" I ask groggily, rubbing my eyes and glancing at the clock. Oops, it's 9:30pm. I slept for 5 hours?!

"Oh okay, that means the pills are working." She says, going to make a cup of coffee.

"Where's Dad?" I ask.

"He's had a very busy day, so he's already passed out in our room. Have you taken your pill yet?" 

"Uh, I'll take it now." I mumble, reaching into my bag and pulling out the clear container full of the small white pills. I pour a glass of water before swallowing the pill. For some reason, I'm really tired today, maybe it's a side-effect of the pills. I turn the little bottle to see the label. 

Side effects may include:

Feelings of fatigue

Extensive hunger 

Slight and temporary clouding of vision

Headaches

Numbness 

Death

Wait, death?!

 Side effects may include:

Feelings of fatigue

Extensive hunger 

Slight and temporary clouding of vision

Headaches

Numbness

Dehydration (Note: Temporary feelings, not actual dehydration.)