Chapter 14

❄️❄️❄️

I felt something in the depths of my stomach. I didn't quite register what it was until after I came down the high from my orgasm. Regret. That was the first thing I felt but it was quickly joined by such an overwhelming feeling of guilt. What have I done?

I was angry once again, at Stephanie for causing this, but mainly at myself because I could have prevented this. I let myself get lost in the feeling. I should have never let it get this far; I should have never let her kiss me.

Stephanie had already gotten off of me and was dressed. I hastily pulled up my boxers and did up my pants before getting up and grabbing her by her arm.

"Get out of my house, Stephanie, and never decide to show up here again, or so help me you will regret it. Don't try to contact me either and stay away from my friends. Do not try to contact me through them. After today, I am one hundred percent done with you, and anything that has to do with you." I said, venom coating every word. I let go of her and opened the door, not bothering to even look at her. I was vaguely aware I made her cry seeing as she was sniffling and holding back her sobs but I really didn't care. She deserved that and more. She finally left, not saying anything else and I slammed the door behind her. I sat on the floor and put my hands over my face. I felt so disgusted with myself.

I sat there for a few minutes, processing everything that happened. For some reason, there was something that stood out the most. So she spent a lot of time looking for me? It made sense as to why she wasn't able to find me there the few times she'd went; I'd been avoiding Kellin during that first week we'd met, so that's probably why. Jaime had told me she was going to look for me and then Stephanie told me the night she found me, a guy was all over me, meaning I was with Kellin. So why is it that I have no recollection of ever seeing her? Granted, I was drunk but...

Vic... we need to talk.

Vic, darling, there's no one here...

I think you've had too much to drink.

Obviously, he didn't let me talk to you.

Wait, Kellin knew she was there that night? I actually thought I was just hearing things as a result of the alcohol so I believed him when he said so. He lied to me? I mean I guess I understand why. He probably didn't want a repeat of that other time but still... it wasn't like it was any of his business, we weren't a couple then.

I sat there with the guilt intensifying as I realized we were a couple now- have been for the past five months- and I cheated on him... Who knows how he'd react when I tell him. Obviously not good. No one would be jumping with joy if their partner admitted to cheating.

My eyes suddenly shot up towards the stairs and my heart sank when I remembered Kellin was upstairs... shit.

I got up and made my way upstairs to my room. The door was slightly open and I knocked on it softly before pushing it completely open and walking in, my head down.

"Kellin, babe, I-" I stopped short when I looked up and noticed I was talking to an empty room. The TV was turned off and there was no sign of him anywhere. I walked over to the bathroom that was in the room and checked; he wasn't there either. Feeling a little dumb and childish, I opened the closet doors, half expecting him to jump out and scare me, but when I did it was bare except for the clothes and shoes I kept in there. Where was he?

In that moment I heard what sounded like a muffled whimper come from down the hall. I walked out of the room and tried to figure out where it came from when I heard it again, a little closer; it was coming from the hallway bathroom. I approached it and leant my head against it, ear pressed against the door and heard the unmistakable sound of crying.