Chapter 8

❄️❄️❄️

We'd been walking around aimlessly, (at least it appeared that way to me) for what seemed like hours already and Kellin- for the life of me- would not tell me where we were going. There was nothing but grass and trees surrounding us, almost as if we were in a forest. It was so plain and seeing nothing but the color green was starting to irritate me. Kellin and I hadn't spoken much either and if the greenery didn't end up making me go insane, the silence between us was.

"Kellin," I whined. "Why won't you tell me where we're going?"

"It's a surprise." He said simply, casting me a small smile before facing forward again. He tugged on my hand in an attempt to keep me from slowing down but I ended up stumbling on my feet and falling towards the grass with Kellin falling right on top of me.

We both groaned out in unison and after a minute or two of us just laying there, I started laughing.

"What's so funny?" He asked, raising himself up with his arms, confusion lacing his features.

"Nothing... I just actually happen to like this surprise." I said cheekily.

"Oh, shut up you idiot." Kellin laughed.

"Make m-" I stopped short when he purposely let himself fall on top of me again, causing me to groan once more. I glared at him and he simply smiled at me.

"So... are you going to get up?" I asked him after minutes passed and he made no move to get up.

"Nope." He replied, making a popping sound on the 'p'. He buried his head in my chest and instead snuggled closer to me.

I sighed and just lay there looking up at the clouds, thankful for the temporary change in color. I wasn't at all bothered with having Kellin on top of me, in fact, I was actually hoping he didn't get up. There was nothing sexual about it though. I just liked having him close to me and it made me feel comfortable.

Without thinking, I wrapped my arms around his waist and planted a kiss at the top of his head. I felt him smile and shortly after, I heard a girlish giggle come from him.

"Wow, this is so incredibly cheesy right now." I heard him say, his voice slightly muffled. He peeked up at me and smiled. "At least it beats the cliché 'you fall, I fall and we kiss' moment."

Kellin tried to roll off me but I gripped his waist tighter. "Vic!"

"No, just five more minutes." I mumbled and pulled him close to me again.

"Come on Mr. Lazy Pants, that's a good enough break. We're not even halfway there yet so we have to keep moving."

"Please."

"No, Vic. Come on get up."

I reluctantly let go of him and waited till he was up on his feet to get into a sitting position. He was looking down at me with an expectant look on his face and I got up on my feet, sighing.

"Please don't give me that look." Kellin said softly. I simply nodded and he took my hand in his again, starting to walk in the same direction we were going.

About half an hour later, I heard the sound of running water. I looked over at Kellin questioningly but he didn't say anything. He only gave my hand a little squeeze and kept walking towards the sound. The closer we got, the more the trees diminished and the louder the water became.

As soon as we walked into the clearing, Kellin let go of my hand and turned to face me.

"Did you bring your phone with you?"

"Um, yeah. Why?" I asked suspiciously.

"You won't be needing it, and neither will I. Give it me me." He explained and held out his palm. Warily, I took my phone out of the front pocket of my jeans and handed it to him. He took his out and walked over to a nearby boulder. He placed both out phones on there and after, started to take off his shoes.