Chapter 7...

Percy POV
What do I do? What do I do? What do I do?! Nico passed out, in my arms, he was light and cold...he seemed so peaceful I just wanted to kis- no! Bad Percy, I mentally scolded myself.

I got some nectar out of my backpack and feed it to him, "what-" Nico opened his eyes, "sorry" I smiled at him, "it's ok, shadow travel drains you, don't be sorry" he got out of my arms and I looked around.

"So where will the bow be?" He asked. I thought, we were around the ocean shore so maybe in a tree? "There!" I pointed to a tree, I ran over to the tree and started to climb it.

I reached the top and began to reach for the bow but my hand passed right through it. "Wha-" I stumbled and fell into the next branch, it didn't really hurt, it just took me by surprise.

"Let me try" Nico began to scale his way up the tree and got ready to grab the bow, he swiped at it but his hand passed right through it. "It just needs something" Nico nearly fell out the tree.

Behind him was a handsome floating man? Man, I never thought I would ever say that before. "Who are you?" I asked him, "Cupid" he answered blandly.

"The bow can only be taken if one offers it a confession" he hissed the word confession. "Nico gulped visibly. "Haven't you caused me enough pain?" He spat at Cupid.

What did he mean? "Oh, but love is never done" Nico looked like he was about to sucker punch the guy if he could, "why me?" He asked him, "because you've hidden long enough"

"Nico" I asked him, "what does he want?" He gulped and glared at Cupid. "Fine, what do I have to do?" He asked Cupid like if the words hurt him to speak them.

"Oh, it's but a simple task, confess true love" Nico's face paled, "I can do it for you Nico" I offered, "no Percy, this is my task to do" I was utterly confused and at a loss for words.

Nico got closer to the bow, "I love..." He turned from the bow, grimaced and mustered a brave face, "Percy" he released a breath and grabbed the bow, and threw it to Cupid, "keep your sh*tty bow".

Cupid dissapilated into the wind with a nod. Nico jumped to the ground and didn't speak a word, "Nico-" I called, he glared at me, "what?" He spat. "I-I thought you hated me, is it true" I asked.

He looked close to tears, "I thought I just answered that" he pointed to the tree, mad Nico was cute, wait what? I didn't know what to do.

"Let's go" he grabbed my hand, I could feel all the frustration and anger emitting from him as we shadow traveled to camp. We landed in his cabin, he looked dazed but didn't pass out, he stumbled and fell into my arms, he tried to get up but couldn't.

I picked him up bridal style and sat him on my lap as I plopped down into his bed. Stupid Cupid. Wait, where was that voice coming from? stupid son of Poseidon. Is it just me or was I hearing Nico in my head?

"Did you say something?" I asked him, he opened his eyes partially and muttered "no", I thought this through, "I think I can hear your thoughts" I probably sounded insane.

Wait... Percy can hear my thoughts...forget that... He's in my cabin...

"Uh, I can definitely hear your thoughts and yes I am in your cabin" his face paled even more.

No..no! NO! F**k you Cupid! Ugh! Wait... Forget that... You are sitting in Percy's lap...that sounds wrong, scratch that...I laughed at the last comment.

"Want me to leave?"

"Sure" Nico said.

No! Don't leave! I love you! Wait... Can read your thoughts... F**k...think nothing....

"I can stay if you want..." I said thinking through what just happened.

Wait...Percy wants to stay in your cabin... Even after all that just happened, wait... I need to clear my head... Nico's face was being scrunched together like he just tasted something sour. Wait...if I can hear his thoughts, can he hear mine? Wait... Lemme think of something..

"Nico"

what?

"We can hear each other's thoughts"

this is bad...Percy can hear my thoughts, it was probably part of the bow confession thing

"it probably was".

Nico looked at me, perfect sea green eyes...

"thanks?"

Sh*t

"what?"

Well you can hear my thoughts and its full of gay rainbows and unicorns

"why were you so scared of confessing?"

Because you don't like me back and I thought you would hate me.

"This whole mind reading thing is weird."

Nico looked at me, "I guess it is...". He looked cute, wait, what? He can read your thoughts. He smiled at me, "thanks?" He said.

I suddenly realized we were leaning into each other, I felt cold lips on mine. You smell like the sea... I smirked mentally. Wait...why am I kissing Percy f**king Jackson, he's probably just confused or leading me on. Nico pulled away from the kiss and ran out of the cabin.

What just happened?

A/N I reread page 280-293 just to make sure I got my facts right