Chapter Twenty-Five

Comenzar desde el principio

I closed the cabinet and then went back up to my room. I closed the door and then crawled back into bed. I leaned against the wall and then Makenna got in between my legs again.

"I found them." I said and opened the container. I set them beside us and she chuckled as she grabbed a red one. "Who said you could have one?"

"I did." She beamed and then put the gummy in her mouth. "What are you going to do about it?" She asked and I laughed. "Spank me?"

"No, of course not." I said and she just giggled as she readjusted her glasses so she could continue reading. "I could never hurt you. Ever. In any way." I said and I saw her smile a bit.

"I love you." I said in a weird voice so it sounded like 'I lub chu'. She laughed and just patted my face.

"I know you do sweetie. I know you do." She said and I just rolled my eyes. I looked down at the book she was reading and then skimmed through the page.

"Hardin?"

"I believe it's Harry's changed name. If she used his actual name they could sue her, especially since he's being portrayed as a bad person in this." She told me and I nodded.

Some people think intelligence isn't very attractive, but they must be idiots themselves and just don't want someone smarter than them. Intelligence is so important.

"So... you're like reading a fan-fiction then?"

"Basically." She told me as she turned the page. "The beginning was so boring." She informed me and I nodded. "It didn't get that interesting until she met Harry, or Hardin."

"Hardin sounds like some rich, posh kid who gets everything handed to him on a golden platter." I said and she laughed. "Hardin, being me the keys to my Bugatti and don't forget your Rolex watch darling." I said and she just shook her head at me.

"Why do I like you?"

"I'm funny and I'm cute." I said and she looked at me. "Also, because I'm a pretty decent person and because I'm your best friend." I told her and she smiled.

"You're so much more than just a decent person and cute." She told me and I blushed. "However, you are my best friend still, even though we're dating."

"Have I ever told you how adorable I think you look in glasses?" I asked her and she blushed. "You're so cute in glasses." I told her as I pushed her bangs out of her face.

"Thanks." She said and looked back down at her book. I picked a gummy bear out of the container and then put it in my mouth.

"Hey girls?" I looked at the door at it opened and saw Luke. "I'm going to be out for a bit. Michael and Calum are in Calum's room and you know Charlotte and Ashton are out again." He told us.

"Okay." I said and nodded. "See you later Luke." He said he'd be back soon again and then he left, closing the door behind him.

"The music stopped." Makenna told me and I nodded. I grabbed my phone and then pushed shuffle on my playlist. I set it down again and she chuckled.

"You listen to such inappropriate songs." She told me and I nodded. "Don't tell my mother this, but I like this kind of music." She told me and I laughed.

"My lips are sealed." I said and she put a gummy bear in her mouth. "Besides, it's okay to like music like this." I said and she nodded.

I closed my eyes and she pressed a kiss to my cheek. I laughed and then she told me that she was done reading. I looked at her and she put a bookmark in the spot she left off at.

"What do you want to do?" I asked her and she shrugged as she set her book on my nightstand. She leaned back on me and I wrapped my arms around her.