Chapter 1

Mercy

School started in late August & Jerry & I were officially in junior high. It was kinda crazy skipping a grade, but at the same time, I was glad I was going to be challenged. Jerry & I were both pretty smart & breezed through fourth grade, so we got a little bored. We were going to miss our friends, but our closest friends lived in our neighborhood, so it wasn't like we wouldn't ever see them.

Jax & I were still just friends, sadly. But it was actually okay since we were going to be in different schools. Besides, some of the boys in sixth grade were really cute. Yep. I finally started to think boys were cute. Not as much as Gianna thought boys were cute, but enough for me. And probably enough for my daddy, too. I was kind of the new girl, even though a lot of the kids knew who I was, so I was getting a lot of attention from the boys. Girls seemed to not like me as much.

Jerry was in a different class than me, but I was in Joel's class. I used to be annoyed by him, but he wasn't as bad anymore. He & I actually liked hanging out sometimes. He also was protective of me & I don't know if it was because he was my cousin or because Jerry told him to be. But in any case, I was grateful to know someone in my class.

On the Friday at the end of the first full week of school, there was a back to school dance. Our parents were asked to chaperone & they acted like they won an award, they were so excited. Now, my parents are very affectionate. Everyone knows that. They are affectionate with everyone, but especially with each other. Well, ever since they got back from their second honeymoon, last summer, I swear they got worse. Now, I usually think they are cute when they act all lovey dovey with each other, but I am not a fan, of it, when they do it in public, especially in front of my friends. I've kind of gotten used to it when they're in public. Like when we're out & about somewhere, they are always holding hands & they kiss a lot, or look lovingly into each other's eyes. In fact, they are so cute with each other, they end up in magazines or on entertainment news shows. A lot. It's actually a joke in our family. My uncles make fun of them & my grandparents praise them. My Glammy & Papa will even tease my uncles that they should be more like my daddy. It's in a joking way of course, but it's something that goes on with our family all the time & I find it funny.

The school dance was something everyone was looking forward to, even Jerry, who wasn't a fan of dancing. He was already popular in our new school, especially with the girls. He's my brother, so I will probably always think he's gross, but I guess he was cute, since it seemed to run in our family. He looked a lot like Daddy. Okay, he could totally be Daddy's mini me. When you show people pictures of Daddy when he was younger, they usually think it's Jerry. It's kinda scary, actually. I look like my mom a little, especially when she was younger, but I sometimes resembled my grandmothers or my aunts. Glammy says I make Nick faces, too, whatever that means.

Our parents weren't really famous to people in our school or neighborhood, since we've lived there for so long. But once in a while, they could create a frenzy if people were around that aren't used to seeing them. That's what happened at the school dance. We were new to this school, so some of the parents & teachers were fangirling when our parents walked into the dance. Now, they could have been acting that way because even though my parents were in their late 30's, they still looked very good. Mommy stayed out of the sun & when she was in the sun she used sunscreen, so she hardly had any wrinkles unless she was smiling. They both still took care of themselves, too, so they were still good looking & looked very similar to when they were in their twenties.

Some of the women, I knew, were gushing over Daddy because he was still a hottie in the world today. He wasn't to me. He was just my daddy, but when I looked at some of the other daddies, I had to agree that my daddy was handsome. Mommy was gorgeous, for sure. I hoped one day I would look as good as her.