I arrived home to find it all quiet. Maria would still be sleeping, I knew that much but I don’t know where Ben and Rachel have got to. Yep, Ben has moved in to keep an eye on Rachel. He was moving in yesterday to keep an eye on her but that means the rent is split between the four of us and not just the three of us. I was happy about that since May’s put me on till duty and nothing else. It sucks yes but I’m fine with it, I’m actually due there today.  I know what you’re probably thinking, how can a girl riddled with cancer still be able to work? It is hard but I try my best, I don’t want to lie down to cancer, I want to beat it and I know being active isn’t really good for it but I’m not a lazy person, I just can’t sit still.

   I walked into work and May gave me a small smile. I love May; she’s been an angel towards me and with everything happening.

“Hello Ella. You know what to do” May said gesturing towards the till. Laura, another colleague of mine stepped away from the till and placed my chair there. May told everyone for me since I couldn’t really handle telling people myself so the whole workplace knows that I’m dying.

   I was doing my normal job with taking orders, passing them along and ringing them up when Micky walked through the door. He was with Dan and Greg so I doubt they’ll notice me.

“Hi, what can I order for you?” I said in a sickly country voice. I noticed Greg giggling in the back. I just hoped he didn’t rumble my acting skills.

“Three teas and three BLT sandwiches, please,” Micky asked.

“Take a seat and someone’ll bring it over” I replied in the same sickly voice. Once they had moved over to a table, I burst out giggling. I had to be excused from my duties to go and have a giggling fit. This was classic and I’m surprised Micky didn’t notice it was me because nobody really has the same strawberry hair as I do.

   As I looked over to May, I could tell she was doing her best not to burst out laughing. She knew I loved playing jokes on Micky but she didn’t know we were back together. I knew she was going to flip because I’d kept it a secret from her. May was like my third mum after my own mum and Carol. Although my mum didn’t really feel like a mum to me, she was. I know sometimes we have to live and forget and I have to do that with my mum. It’s a lot of times to forget but I have to. Everyone has to.

“Ella, you’ll get caught soon” May whispered in my ear. I was still trying to stop laughing but it wasn’t working because I could see Greg still giggling in the background. He was so going to get me caught out soon.

“He’ll never know, unless I tell him. Oh May, can I do Micky’s order? I wanna tease him some more”

“Be my guest sweetcheecks but this I have to see”

“Oh, May, Micky and I are back together. It’s sort of why I was late in this morning, I slept in and then I had to walk home and get changed but shh for now” I said gathering up Micky’s order.

“YOU HAD SEX LAST NIGHT?!” She practically shouted. Oh lord, here come the stares.

“NO, YOU SICK MINDED PERSON AND I THOUGHT US TEENS WERE BAD. He sung me to sleep and we just cuddled like a pair of old fuddy duddy’s”

“Oh, well then but be careful Ella”

“I always am, May but let the fun begin” I said while walking out the door. I prepared myself with his order. I had to get my voice just right again for the act to continue. I prepped myself before continuing.