Chapter Twenty

Beginne am Anfang

I did and made sure to stand as close to Parker as I could, suddenly feeling possessive over him. I caught his slight look of amusement before giving this Mauve my full attention. What kind of name is Mauve anyways? As far as I was concerned, it was a name for a shade of purple.

"Mauve, this is Eleanor. Eleanor, Mauve."

This is Eleanor. That's it. No Eleanor, my wife. Just Eleanor. 

"Hi," I greeted with a tight smile my hand outstretched. "It's nice to finally meet another of Parker's friend.

"Hello," she greeted with her own version of my smile. "Oh, I could say we were just more than friends at one point but I don't want to cause any trouble." Mauve made a point to look me up and down, forgetting to be discreet. "And who are you?"

"Oh, I'm Parker's-"

"Hey Mauve, why don't we catch up at the club? I believe my sister and Jack are already on their way." Parker interrupted me, by softly touching me on the shoulder. Did he not want Mauve to know we were married? 

"Wonderful. We'll be able to catch up some more," she said in her annoyingly thick accent. "I'll bring the other ladies with me. Bye Parker." She placed a very lingering peck on his cheek leaving a lipstick mark. 

Parker nodded giving her one last smile, before intertwining our hands and leading me outside through the thick crowd. I snatched my hand away once we were out of the building with a scowl on my face. Parker stopped and looked at me bewildered. "You okay?"

"Peachy," I gritted through my clenched teeth briskly walking past him and into the awaiting limo. He had the nerve to ask me if I was okay? 

Parker slipped into the backseat a few seconds later with a smug look on his face. "I take it somebody's jealous?"

I scoffed hiding my face from him. "As if. Mauve isn't somebody to be jealous over."

"You sure about that?" 

This time I turned to look at him with a complacent face of my own. "Positive. Now what's this club we're going to?"

Less than thirty minutes later, the limo approached in the middle of Milan city. We stopped in front of a building that had an Italian name. Parker stepped out first, motioning for me to come out next. We walked into the club, and it wasn't the typical club/bar types. It was more of a... classical look. Don't get me wrong, there was a dance floor and a bar. It just seemed like an upscale bar that certain people could go to. There was a line wrapping around the side of the building filled with teenagers and adults. 

My husband led me to a booth in the upper loft of the place. There we found Ellie, Jack, Mauve, and other models I recognized from the show. 

"Elle! I'm so glad you made it," Ellie grinned goofily, who was already tipsy. "Come on, Jack. Let's dance!" Jack followed behind her with a protective hold on her hand.

"Parker!" There it is. That accent that I was dreading to hear during the ride here. "Come and meet some of my friends." 

I watched as she led him to the booth which was filled with females. Female models. They swarmed around him as if he was a celebrity. Mauve on his right, elbows hooked with each other. I rolled my eyes and took a deep breath before going over to an empty table for two. I flagged down a waiter walking around with shots of drinks.

Hey, if it was a bar, why not take advantage?

I grabbed two shots from his and downed them in less than a minute. I shuddered as the taste made its way down my throat. It was coke with vodka. Way too strong for someone like myself. I sat down in my seat watching down at the dancing below me. I wouldn't really call it dancing... more like grinding on each other. The sound of a chair scraping against the floor brought my attention to in front of me.