Ellie sighed and took a seat beside Jack who greeted us swiftly. "I took in some inexperienced models who are starting out to try and cut back on the expenses. Yes, Mauve is still modeling for me. I can't bear to have that girl go. She's my main star."

Parker nodded and grinned eagerly in return squeezing my hand. "That's good. I haven't seen her in a while."

Mauve? Who the hell is Mauve? 

"Mmm, yeah," his sister replied distractedly just as the lights dimmed. "Oh God. Oh God, it's starting. No matter how many times I've done this, I still go up there a nervous wreck."

"You'll do wonderful, babe," I heard Jack whisper. Ellie gave us all nervous smiles before walking up with grace up the runway stage for her introduction.

Just as she finished, spotlights went on and the music started. The show officially began.

As I got comfortable in my seat, looking up as various models of different skin color, hair, and most importantly clothes, a bit of insecurity settled over me. These women were gorgeous. I watched Parker through my peripheral vision and saw appreciation etched onto his face. Of course he'd be amazed, they were models. It seemed as if Parker saw my gaze, and he brought our joined hands, kissing the back of mine. 

I turned fully at him and smiled. We focused our attention on the show once again, and I could definitely see Ellie's talent. The clothes were beautiful. I couldn't see why her clothing line decreases in sales during this time of year. I made a promise to myself and buy some clothes for me and Summer as well. 

When the last set of clothes started, Parker let go of my hand and settled his elbows on his knees, settling his chin on his hands. I could tell he was excited about this one. All because of Mauve most likely. I leaned in my chair, my eyes flitting towards Parker and to the stage trying to figure out which one was Mauve. Finally as the last girl came up, my husband straightened in his chair, a grin spreading over his face. 

I quickly looked up to see a beautiful red head, one of the prettiest red heads there, strut across the stage. She walked as if she belonged on the stage; she did belong there. Her head was held high, modeling for everybody the winter clothes Parker's sister designed. Her straight, red hair was flying behind her as she walked by. I looked around me, and everyone was in awe. This has got to be Mauve Parker and Ellie were talking about.

Goodbye to whatever is left of my self esteem.

I watched as Mauve sent Parker a quick wink when she walked back to backstage. My eyes narrowed. No! I shouldn't be feeling jealous. Just like that, the show was over. Everyone stood up (and I followed suit) clapping loudly for Ellie when she walked up. I could see tears glistening in her eyes. She said a few words before the entire show ended. 

Jack greeted her right away, congratulating her with a sweet, lingering kiss. Parker broke it up, as the protective brother he was, and gave her the congratulatory hug next. I hugged her as well and pulled away.

"Parker?" A new high-pitched voice joined. I turned to see the red head approach Parker with an immediate hug. "I knew it was you!" She had a French accent. 

I watched as Parker wound his arms around her back. "Mauve. It's a pleasure to see you again."

"You left so quickly the last time we were together," she said thickly with a flirtatious tone to her voice. "We have to catch up on what we left off."

Parker laughed nodding. "We'll see." Oh that flirt. Anger flared through me. Were they seriously thinking of continuing their sex with me right within ear shot of their entire conversation? "By the way, meet Eleanor." It was about time he mentioned me. He turned around and beckoned for me to come closer.