Epilogue

When I woke up I realized that, once again, I hadn't fallen asleep in my own bedroom. But this time I had a good reason and actually remembered getting here. Oh and this time I was the one who changed my clothes.

I looked to the side and smiled almost instantly. Charlie fell asleep with me. He said that he didn't want to lose sight of me, because he wanted to make sure I was okay. Of course I didn't oppose to his demands. 

"Hey, you're up." He said in a sleepy voice. You know when people in movies say that a man's voice after he wakes up is the sexiest voice ever? Well, they're not mistaken. At all. "What?" He said with a confused smile.

"What, what?" 

"You're staring at me weirdly." He chuckled. I looked away so he wouldn't see me blushing like crazy, I had just been caught gawking at my math teacher. While I'm in his bed. With him. 

I felt his touch under my chin and he turned my face to his direction. "Are you okay?" He whispered and I knew what he was talking about. I nodded, not completely sure if I was really okay. 

"Then I suggest skipping school today. What do you think?" He said with a grin. 

"Am I really hearing those words from a teacher?" I opened my mouth in fake shock. "Mr. Adams, are you trying to corrupt me?" I said jokingly.

He burst out laughing and so did I. It felt so good being here with Charlie. Not worrying about anything in the world, just spending time with each other. I felt like I belonged here with him, but I wasn't sure he felt the same.

"Hey, what's wrong?" He frowned at me. 

"I was just... I was just thinking about that picture I saw the other day on your desk."

His body immediately tensed up and he sat straight. "Her name's Sarah." He sighed. "Was." My eyes shot open and I looked at him worried.

"She was my fiancé and we were just so madly in love." His voice was filled with hurt and I could see that he was trying to fight back the tears. Maybe I should have mentioned it, it was none of my business and I wasn't even sure if I wanted to listen to this. I wasn't sure if I was prepared to face the fact that there's another girl in Charlie's life. Was.

"She, hum... She was in a car accident, and..." I placed my hand on his knee for support and he immediately placed his on top of mine, squeezing it lightly. "She didn't make it. Two weeks before our wedding she passed away and now she's gone." He stood up and left the room. 

A short time after he came back with a box and put it in front of me, opening it. "This is all that I have left from her." 

The box was filled with pictures, letters, objects that must have a story, but what really stood out was a smaller box. I opened it and there was a wedding ring. I looked at Charlie who was already looking at me.

"This happened three years ago and no one has ever made me feel the way she did." My heart clenched when I heard that. "Apart from you." And that took me completely off guard. I was totally not expecting that one coming.

He took my held my hand on his and looked me in the eyes. "I'm was scared to grow closer to you, because I didn't want to go through the feeling that I went through when Sarah died, once again. But now the feeling of not being able to be with you, scares me the most. The truth is, I love you and I want to be able to call you mine, and to kiss you whenever I want without thinking of the consequences. I want to introduce you to my family as my girlfriend and I want to protect you from every evil thing in this world-"

I didn't even let him finish. I didn't need to hear anything else, I was his. I loved him, and I was done trying to deny that feeling. I stood up and kissed him right then and there.