His hand began to throb painfully and he winced as he got up and gathered his things with his good hand. He just managed to get back to his feet when a good looking man stepped up to him and he jumped back wary of strangers now at this point, but something about the man was familiar.

  "Are you okay?" Marcos asked Caleb, concerned. He had only caught a glimpse of what had occurred, the woman's back was facing him from where he was parked in the lot as he waited for Caleb to finish what he was doing.

 Caleb recalled the man from the time he had a flat tire and it clicked. He fumed silently, he had specifically declined a bodyguard when Dimitri had offered one and still Dimitri ignored him and obviously had someone following him. His hand tingled painfully reminding him of his injury, he tried to flex his fingers and pain shot through all of his fingers, he groaned and Marcos instantly snapped to attention. Before Caleb could utter a word, he was hustled towards a very expensive looking Mercedes with darkly tinted windows. "But my car." He began but Marcos just said it will be picked up and not to worry, he had to have that hand looked at. Caleb was surprised when Marcos first called his job telling them he was injured and will not be in and then he tried but failed to stop him from calling Dimitri. He just closed his eyes and rested his head against the cool glass as he listened to Dimitri's voice booming out reprimanding Marcos for letting someone get close enough to harm Caleb. He demanded to know which Emergency room we were going to and promptly hung up the phone.

 After waiting for about twenty minutes with an ice pack on his hand and a seriously pissed bodyguard at his side a nurse finally called his name and he got to his feet. Marcos shadowed his every step as he made his way into the waiting area. He was barely seated on the stretcher when there was a commotion out in the hallway and then the curtains fluttered as two large and very concerned vampires made an appearance, making the small examination room feel even smaller. The flustered nurse bristled and firmly stated that they could not all be in the room. Dimitri solved that problem by shooing Marcos and Stavos back out into the waiting area then he gaze snapped right back to me. He almost shoved the nurse out the way but caught himself in time and he anxiously watched her remove the ice pack and examine my now purple splotched hand and swollen fingers.

 "You poor thing, this looks like a definite break, love." She cooed as she gingerly prodded Caleb's hand. She bustled some more as she took his temperature and blood pressure making notes on the clipboard beside her. She smiled warmly and told them the doctor will be in shortly then Caleb was going to gave my hand x-rayed. She bustled out the room leaving Caleb with my angry boyfriend.

 Dimitri sighed heavily and came to sit next to me on the stretcher. "Tell me what happened." He quietly demanded him.

 Taking a deep he described the best I could of the incident with the woman, what she said , what she looked like, and so forth. Caleb got concerned and reached out with his good hand when Dimitri seemed to go pale. He had no idea that vampires could do that, seeing they were constant need blood.

 "Do you know this person?" He asked a still pale Dimitri. 

 Dimitri just nodded his head, but he didn't clarify any further on anything. He just stared off into space. Caleb was almost relieved when an orderly showed up with a wheel chair to shuffle him off to the Radiology Department. Before he could get me out of the room, Marcos appeared and silently shadowed me down the maze of hallways to the x-ray rooms. Caleb had wanted to question Dimitri but now was not the time.

 Dimitri cursed under his breath as he angrily strode out of the exam area back into the waiting area. He caught Stavos' eye as he continued on his way out the sliding glass doors into the sunshine outside. When Stavos caught up with him, his jaws where clenched with tension. He could feel it radiating off of him in waves of malevolence. "It sounds like Natasha twisted ass has shown up once again. Why after all these God Damn years has she chosen up now to wreak further havoc on my life? I was too lenient the last time, letting her go even after I suspected she may have had a hand in his previous mate's, Clarissa's death, her own sister, the twisted Bitch. Now she out right attacks my current mate." Dimitri confessed to his friend.

 "Well you know what you have to do this time. If it was definitely her, she will die no questions asked.  But you know, even with Marcos, myself, and any other security you place on Caleb, she is cunning enough and powerful enough to get around it, you may have to consider turning him sooner than you thought." Stavos informed his friend cutting straight to the chase. It was a matter of giving Caleb an equal chance if she struck again. That demented Bitch, she had gotten it into her head years and years ago that Dimitri was supposed to be her mate, she, who has never had a mate didn't understand or cared to understand the pull true mates experienced for one another, so when Dimitri mated her sister instead of her she went of her rocker. When Clarissa had died decapitated in some freak accident, she tried to get with him, but in his depression Dimitri fled Europe for America. After another few decades he took another mate and she and the babe she was carrying died in child birth. She did not intake enough blood to sustained a healthy vampire pregnancy. Dimitri had then refused to mate with anyone again. He resolutely became a man whore,  that was until a certain pretty little boy stumbled innocently into his path. Now this. 

 After watching Dimitri endure the pain and finally heal after losing his mates, he vowed that it was not going to happen again. Now having Ahron and Ayden, just the thought of losing them caused a pain so sharp he couldn't even phantom what Dimitri had experienced. Now he truly understood the mating bond and he would rip that Bitch limb from limb first, tear her very heart from her chest with his own hands. He looked at his friend and stood quietly by his side offering what strength he could. He could feel the worry and the anger coursing around Dimitri like a shroud. Caleb should better know that he was now never going to leave Dimitri's sight.  Stavos' mind was running a mile a minute, he had to find Natasha and he had to find her soon.

 Caleb felt a like he was floating from the pain medicine that they had given him when they had put the cast on his wrist. He didn't even register when Dimitri carried him from the car into the house. Gustav answered the door and the twins fluttered and cooed at him as Dimitri carried him up the stairs to the master suite. After laying him on the bed he barely had time to move before the twins descended and striped Caleb and redressed him in one of Dimitri's shirts in no time flat, coverinf him with the plush comforter. All the while fluttering about him being so fragile and pretty. Stavos just shook his head as he grabbed a bottle of blood from the mini fridge and opened it handing it off to his friend. Dimitri needed to focus and center his thoughts right now. His fear for his mate was clouding his senses. Stavos turned his attentions to his boys and silently mind linked with them for them to leave the room. He assured them that they could check on Caleb later, that his mate needed to be close to him right now. They nodded and they each brushed their lips across his cheeks as they left. He could feel his cock stir with the simple contact but this wasn't the time nor place for that.

 Finishing of the bottle, Dimitri placed it in the disposal bin and shrugged out of his jacket. He informed Stavos that he was okay for the evening and to have Irina prepare a tray later for Caleb when he woke up, then he disappeared into his closet to change. Stavos didn't broach the subject of Natasha any further, time enough for that in the morning. He quietly exited the room and made his way downstairs. He already had Marcos along with several others trying to get a sense of her trail from the school grounds, they would go from there. He made it to the kitchen as watched Ahron as lithe body stretch as he reached for a mixing bowl on the top shelf for Irina, Ayden was happy chopping vegetables, popping pieces of carrots into his mouth here and there. He mentally groaned as he watched those plump pink lips close around the food. Pushing away from the wall he headed for his room to change. He was going to work of some energy in the home gym. The exercise would serve to clear his mind and allow him to focus on removing this threat from their lives, because if Dimitri looses Caleb, he was sure Dimitri was going to go into a spiraling depression like no one has ever seen before. Stavos didn't think that Dimitri would choose to stay among the living and suffer through loss of another mate.